Chapter 2

POV: Santana Lopez

You know, breaking up with the love of your life really sucks.

          I swear, Brittany is the only person I’ve loved in the last couple years. Well, you know, love ‘like that’ in a touchy-feely-I-wanna-marry-you kind of way. I don’t mean it like I really want to marry her. I mean, if I got the chance, I probably would, but I’m not ready for that.

          Well, the fact that we just broke up also is a red flag.

          It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I honestly don’t know how I’m still alive. My heart feels like it is literally breaking.

          I know what everyone thinks. Why would I break up with her if I loved her and thought she was the love of my life?

          There’s a lot to it. I kind of…cheated on her.

          I don’t even want to talk about it. My heart breaks all over again every time I think of it.

          Well, I’ll just do what I always do when my heart feels like Hitler dropped a bomb on it.

          I’ll write in my super-secret diary that not even Brittany knows I have.

          Dear Diary,

   I wish it was impossible to feel this way. I hate the fact that I broke my heart AND Brittany’s heart just so I could have a fling with a punk skank at a college in NYC. That was stupid of me. It was probably the worst choice I’ve ever made. Maybe if I tell Brittany that I still love her, and I do something that will make her forgive me, it’ll be okay.

   It’s doubtable, but it could work. Brittany is unique. You never know what does and doesn’t work with her.

   Holy crap, I just got an idea.

   Brittany, meet my top secret diary.

   Love always,

   Santana Maria Lopez