Chapter 3- The Lone Islands

Chapter 3

Caspian found us some Narnian clothes so Lucy and I changed in a room together. I slipped on the black pants and a white blouse with a leather cloak that tied around my bodice and went to the floor. Lucy was wearing a white blouse with a brown vest and black pants.

"How do you think it's possible that you're here?" Lucy asked as I put on my boots.

"I'm not sure," I answered standing up, "Well I guess Aslan never said I wouldn't come back."

"So Peter and Susan...."

"They're probably not here," I said solemnly. I missed Peter very much, he had left for America two months after we got back from Narnia the last time and I hadn't seen him since.

"Are you ready?" Edmund asked outside the door.

"Yes," we both answered before going out and following Caspian to another room.

He opened the double doors and in the room was pretty glass stained windows. There were paintings of Narnia's tress and there was a golden head of Aslan positioned above the fireplace.

"Aslan..." Lucy said smiling and I looked at the paintings on the walls, "Look Susan's bow and arrows."

"Lucy," Caspian said and we all turned towards him. He was holding her dagger and cordial.

"My healing cordial and dagger," she walked towards to him and hesitated, "Oh, may I?"

"Of course, they're yours," he smiled.

"Peter's sword," Edmund said and I couldn't help but feel sad looking at it.

"Yes," Caspian said putting the wooden box down, "I looked after it as promised. Here hold it if you wish," he said offering it to him.

"No, it's yours, Peter gave it to you," Edmund countered.

Caspian smiled then went over to a cabinet, "I did save this for you though," he smiled tossing Edmund his flashlight.

"Oh thanks," he said turning on the flashlight towards his face.

"Sorry, Eleanor. I don't have anything for you," Caspian apologized.

"Oh it's quite alright," I smiled.

Once we were finished we went to Caspian's study and he unrolled a map while pointing to each place, "Since you left, the Giants of the North surrendered unconditionally. Then we defeated the Calormen armies at the Great Desert. There is peace across all of Narnia," he smiled looking up at us.

"That's fantastic," I nodded.

"All of it is in peace?" Edmund asked looking at the maps.

"In just three years," Caspian said standing up as well as the rest of us.

Lucy pushed a piece of hair behind her ear, "And have you found yourself a Queen in those three years?" She asked.

"No," Caspian laughed and blushed, "Not one compare to your sister."

"Aw," I smiled as everyone else did. Edmund quickly changed the subject.

"Hang on, so if there are not wars to fight and no one is in trouble then why are we here?" He asked.

Caspian furrowed his eyebrows, "It's a good question. I've been asking myself the same thing."

"So where are we sailing to?" Edmund asked as we looked back to the maps.

"Before I took back the throne from my uncle he tried to kill my father's closest friends and most loyal supporters," he explained turning to look at a board on the wall with sketching's of men, "The seven lords of Telmar." We went around the table to take a closer look at the drawings, "They fled to the Lone Islands. No one has heard of them since."