Chapter 1: Surviving

Brooklynn's Point of View 

"Riley..." I laughed when I walked into my daughter's room, she had insisted on picking out her own clothes and I walk in to see her in her Elsa dress and wig from Halloween. "You're an embarrassment to me," I joked, walking over to her. "Can we make a compromise?" I asked, walking down the stairs with her in my arms. "How about we just keep the dress on and take the wig off..." I snatched the wig off her head and she squealed. I put her down on the ground and she tried to jump up and grab it from me. 

"Mommy," Alfie tugged on my shirt. "What are you doing?" he asked, looking up at me with his hazel eyes. 

"Mommy is trying to convince Riley not to wear the wig," I said. 

Alfie looked at Riley and grinned, "that would be silly of her," he said and I nodded. 

Riley started pouting, got her attitude from her momma. "Okay so the wig is a no, now let's go because we are going to be late!" I said and tossed the wig onto the chair at the island in the kitchen. I pulled my shoes on as Riley and Alfie ran to the car, getting in on their specific sides. 

I buckled them both in and then we took off down the road. We were meeting my friends Casper and Jett. They've been my best friends for the passed two years, since Emily took off to England with Liam and has been living there with him for the passed year. I met them at a club I went to for my birthday, back when Liam and Emily were still here. 

It's kind of sad actually, I've lost contact with a lot of my friends since Harry left. Everything has been about him and his career, and that's great. At least he's getting somewhere and our divorce wasn't all for nothing. The only person I still talk to is Niall. Zayn and Perrie called it quits and things have been rough and I haven't heard from them. 

"Okay unbuckled yourselves," I said to my kids as I turned off the car and got out. I opened the door on Riley's side and she jumped out, and then Alfie climbed over and jumped out. Riley grabbed my hand and Alfie took Riley's hand and we walked down the street into a fancy-ish restaurant we claimed as our spot. 

"Hello how are you?" the hostess at the front asked me. 

"Hi," I smiled and went to say something when Jett yelled my named, waving me down. Jett is a beautiful girl, seriously, but a total hipster you could say. She wore dark black makeup and lipstick and had a lip, nose, and eyebrow piercing and green hair. Somehow, the girl could rock this look and I loved her for it. She was absolutely stunning. Casper is my gay best friend, he was with Jett at the club and they both took me as their third best friend that night. "Hey babe!" I exclaimed when I approached them. She stood up and hugged me, kissing my cheek. Casper hugged me too, talking about how much he has missed me even though we saw each other three days ago. 

"Come sit next to me children!" Jett said, opening her arms to Alfie and Riley who immediately left me to go sit next to Jett. She was like the cool aunt they never knew they always wanted. I'm glad I had Jett and Casper, since I didn't have siblings, it was nice for them to play aunties for my babies. 

"We ordered you a mimosa and your blueberry muffin french toasts," Capser grinned, it was my fave and I was craving it which is why we decided to come here. 

I groaned, "thank god you guys are the best," I said and sipped my drink. 

"Mommy, ipad," Alfie said, reaching for my bag. 

"Excuse me, mister?" Jett said, giving Alfie a look. 

"Please mommy," Alfie said and I laughed, handing him and Riley their ipads to keep them satisfied.