Chapter: 1

"So we're down to two people" said my mother to my dad in the kitchen.

They were currently deciding on a sitter for my younger brother. My mom was a surgeon and my dad a lawyer so they were always busy.

My dad recently got this really big case so he would be home way less than usual. Mom was preparing 4 patients for surgery so for the next few weeks or so, she would be busy also.

My little brother Sam was 6. His school days were half days so my parents needed someone to pick him up and tutor him and take him on play dates.

They were down to two people. Chelsea, the weirdo across the street or some guy name Liam.

"Chelsea lives right there so she would be very convenient" said my father.

"True but I don't know if I trust her with Sam. I get a weird vibe from her. Plus I think Sam needs a male figure around him."

"Agreed" said my father

"So Liam it is" they both agreed.

"I'll call him later" said my Mom.

"I'm sorry it comes down to this hun. I wish we weren't so busy" my Dad said kissing my forehead.

"It's okay Dad"

"Well Liam is really great. He's 21, and he lives only 30 minutes away. I also know his parents."

"He's not in College?" i asked

"No, he says he's saving money to apply in the fall"

I nodded.

I didn't know how to feel about another person being around here all the time. It felt weird. Him being a boy didn't help the situation either.

The next morning I woke up, the house was quiet. I guess my parents were already gone. I walked to the bathroom and washed my face.

I made my way to the bathroom. I took my usual long shower. As I got out the tub, I realized I forgot my towel.

Why do I always do this?

Sam should be sleeping anyways. I opened the door and made my way down the hall when a boy appeared in front of me.

I screamed in panic.

"Oh shit" he said.

I pushed him out of the way and made my way to my room. I slammed the door and grabbed my towel. That was not a good way to meet someone. I was so embarrassed. I don't even know how I can look him the face now.

After I got dressed, I went downstairs to the kitchen to grab breakfast. The boy walked in.

"I'm real sorry about that" he said laughing a little.

"It was mostly my fault. I should of remembered my towel" I said joining him in the laugh.

"Happens to me all the time to" he said chuckling.

"I'm Melanie. You must be Liam" I said.

"In the flesh"

I heard a car horn and knew it was Olivia. Liv is my best friend. We've been friends since birth actually. Our mom's were best friends and they gave birth around the same time. So we were just destined to be Bffs.

"It was nice meeting you Liam but I have to go" i said grabbing my bag.

"Lets meet like that again" he said giving me a wink.

Was he just flirting? I hope so because he looked amazing.

I hopped in the car.

"What took you so long?" She asked.

"I was talking to Liam"

"Oh yea your new babysitter"

"He's not my sitter. He's for Sam"

"Same thing. Is he cute ?"

"He's gorgeous. Oh my gosh he has the most beautiful eyes but you will never believe how we met"

"Surprise me"

"He saw me naked" I said slapping my forehead.

Liv balled with laughter.

"How in the world did that happen?"

"I forgot my towel" I mumbled.

"Typical Mel" she laughed.

It was 8th period, and I was in AP Literature. Ms.Dime was talking about politics but all I was concentrating on, was the clock. There was 2 minutes left in the period.

"Melanie are you paying attention?"

"Yes"

"What was I talking about?"

"You were talking about Bernie Sanders and his plan for raising minimum wage."

"Look at me when I'm speaking next time" she said handing out our homework.

The bell finally rang. I found Liv and she drove me home.

I opened the front door and the smell of Pizza slapped me in my face.

I went to the kitchen and found Liam eating out the box and talking on his phone.

"Hey man, I gotta go" he said hanging up.

"Hey" I said.

"Hey" he smiled.

"Where's Sam?" I asked.

"At a friend's house. The little asian kid 3 blocks down"

"Oh. Andrew"

"Thats the one" he said. "I ordered pizza, you want ?"

"Yea sure, what kind?"

"Spinach and pineapple. It sounds weird but its actually good"

"No kidding. Thats my favorite. Its the only kind I eat" I said grabbing a slice.

"Wow. I Never met anyone who liked this"

"Just did" I said giving him a smile.

I walked into the living room as he followed me.

"So Melanie tell me about yourself"

"Why?" i asked

"Well I'm gonna be here a lot, so we should know each other more"

I walked up the stairs and midway I said "Get to know Sam. Your his babysitter not mines"

"I can be yours to if thats what you want" he smirked.

"Very funny" I said when I got to the top.

He couldn't see but I could feel my face heating up.