VanossGaming X Reader

"Evan! Over here!" You yelled, waving frantically to the dark-haired man that was grinning back at you. You raced over to him, careful not to slip on the icy pavement that had formed over the long nights that accompanied the early months of the year; embracing him in a warm hug, feeling his chest rumble as he laughed light-heartedly. You'd been his friend since kindergarten, though Evan had moved away due to his parents work in the later years of secondary school; but you managed to stay friends through Skype in-between meeting up in the holidays. But you hadn't seen each other for awhile, so instead you both agreed to meet up in your hometown to catch up after Christmas.

"Good to see you too! Just try not to kill me, please?" You laughed and pulled away, observing his flushed cheeks and spiked hair. He had grown a lot taller since you'd last met, and looked a lot more toned too now that you thought about it.

"You've changed a lot since we last met." You mused, starting to feel a little self-conscious. Evan smiled angelically, his whole face becoming so much more handsome in seconds.

"You too – You look so much older."

"Oh thanks!" You teased, punching his arm lightly.

"Ouch! Besides, I didn't mean it in a bad way..." Evan mumbled under his breath, almost too quiet for you to catch it. You were about to ask him what he meant, but he'd already started walking in the opposite direction.

"Wait up!" You said, hurrying after him and pushing his comment to the back of your mind. "Where're we going?"

"I don't know. It's ages since I've been here."

"I can't think of any place but the park-"

"Let's go to the park then."

"Seriously?"

"Why not? It'll bring back some nice childhood memories."

"You're such a child."

"Hence the reason I spend my life still playing games!" Evan joked, the wind ruffling his glossy black air in an oddly tantalizing way. You had forgotten about his YouTube career momentarily, but soon the hilarious videos came flooding back to you. You'd watched pretty much every single one – but Evan didn't need to know that.

"Congrats on that by the way." You said as you began walking side by side, the crunch of snow rhythmic beneath your feet.

"Thanks." Evan sighed and his pace slowed a little. "I just wish I wasn't so far. I feel really bad about not seeing you before the holidays."

"It's no problem! I know YouTube's a lot of work, and there's always something to do besides that anyway." You said truthfully, thinking how much effort Evan used to put into his studies was always astounding, never mind YouTube on top of it.

"I still feel bad though."

"Then make up for it today by enjoying yourself and relaxing!" You turned to Evan, a stupidly wide grin plastered on your face. He cracked a small chuckle, his serious demeanour vanishing. You smiled internally, hoping he would enjoy himself; even if it was only one day. After all, it was the first time you'd seen him in months – he'd been busy with YouTube and you'd been wrapped up in your college studies. He was your best friend, and you were hopelessly in love with him; even thinking about him made a blush creep up your neck and sent involuntary shivers down your spine. His laugh made you indescribably happy, and his sarcastic – mostly immature- humour never failed to make you crack a smile.

"Race you to the swings!" Evan's challenge snapped you out if your bittersweet thoughts and you instinctively began to sprint towards the swings. If there was anyone around, they would have surely smirked at your childish actions; but you didn't care. It was just a flashback to when you were kids; carefree and at ease with the world. Even inevitably beat you the swings, claiming one with a triumphant grin while waiting for you to catch up. You were about to take the one beside him, but saw that the seat was covered with what looked like sticky toffee or something.

"Ewww." You commented, eyeing the seat with a suspicious glare.

"What?" Evan looked over and saw the weird stain, pulling a disgusted face. "Yeah, ewww."

"I'm so not sitting on whatever the hell that is."

"You can sit on this one then." Evan stood up and gestured to the seat with a jerk of his head. "I'll swing you."

"I can swing myself you know!" You retorted, but sat in the seat anyway. Evan gently began to push you with ease, and you felt a little thrill every time he pushed the chains. You began to laugh uncontrollably, not really knowing why; perhaps just from the sheer feeling of freedom and carelessness. Evan began to laugh too, and soon the sound was echoing around the abandoned playground.

"Hey Evan."

"Hmm?"

"Let me get off a sec," Evan dragged the swing to a halt, and you hopped off; spinning around to face him. "Can I tell you something?"

"Sure."

"I- I really missed you."

"Really? I thought you would be happy I'd gone." Evan grinned mischievously and you rolled your eyes in response.

"Of course not! I mean, you're my best friend."

"I'm so honoured!" His taunting made the feeling of nervousness evaporate from your being; but they soon returned when Evan took on a serious expression and took a few steps closer. "But I want to be something more."

"E-Evan-" But Evan had already closed the gap in-between you, his lips closing on your own and inexplicably sending a million electrical surges ricocheting up your spine; your heart beating a trillion mile an hour, and your stomach fluttering like you'd been thrown onto a compulsory rollercoaster. He pulled away after what felt like mere seconds, and you instantly felt disappointment as the kiss ended.

"Do you think you can stand being my girlfriend?" Evan said, slipping his hand into your own. You grinned, your gaze fixed on his warm chocolate one.

"Only if we can do that again."

"No problem."