#6 - Heartbreakers

After the locker room incident, I started avoiding Noya-senpai. I wouldn't go to the gym to see the boys training, even though this would mean not seeing Sugawara-senpai often.

I was wandering in the school corridors all alone after the end of the lessons. I was thinking of what to do with feelings I couldn't shake. Gladly, the school was desert... or at least I thought, because suddenly I bumped into someone. I suddenly realized it was Sugawara.

"I-I'm sorry, Sugawara... uhmmm... what are you doing here? I thought you had training" I mumbled, still wrapped in his arms, my hands clutching on his shirt. My eyes were wandering from his gleaming hair to his eyes, then admiring his gentle, well-made features as if I was in contemplation of a work of art.
"Hey, [Name]-chan!" he exclaimed with a super cute smile "actually, Nishinoya-kun was looking for you and me... I-I was..."
"He was looking for his girlfriend, of course".

A girl suddenly appeared. Sugawara let go of me and the girl grabbed his arm. It was Kiriya Hitomi, Kiyoko-san's best friend. I had seen her many times at the guys' training sessions sitting next to the volleyball club manager. Her grey eyes would often wander along the court and fix Sugawara obstinately. I obviously didn't like her and her cheeky laughs. This caused me an unpleasant feeling in my hands, as if I wanted to punch her right on her nose and break it. She was tall, had long, straight, black hair and was considered the prettiest girl in the school, along with Shimizu-senpai, of course.

I felt my heart shatter into many pieces and my eyes itch, but I stayed calm. I just blushed violently and said: "Uhmm, well, you've found her so I'm going to find Noya-senpai..!". "[Name]-chan, I..." Sugawara started, but Kiriya's grip on his arm became tighter and I just wanted to run away, so I did.

The last thing on earth I wanted to see was Sugawara kiss a girl who wasn't me.

*Some minutes later*
I didn't want to see anyone, so I went to the gym and wore my volleyball uniform. The gym was empty, no one was going to have practice. I took a volleyball and served. It never touched the ground.
Nishinoya-senpai moved swiftly but silent down the court, as fast as the wind, and received.

"Nice serve, [Name]-chan!" he said with a cheeky grin and clapping his hands a bit.
I was trying to avoid him as well as Sugawara, but this was the proof that the more you keep avoiding problems, the more they run after you.

"How did you find me?" I asked, breathless.
"Oh, I met Suga and..." he started. As soon as I heard his name, tears started flowing down my cheeks and I fell down on my knees.
"No, don't cry, [Name]-chan..!" Noya-senpai came closer and hugged me, patting on my shoulders. We were holding each other so tight I could smell the scent of his hair.

I became feeling the same as when we were alone in the boys' locker room and he was half-naked. There was a strange silence in the air.
My cheeks became red and hot when I looked at him and he gently wiped away my tears. I caressed his cheek and suddenly grabbed his uniform shirt with both my hands. I began pulling  him closer and closer until I felt his breath on my face and the heath of his red, hot skin on mine. But the kiss never came.

"Don't kiss me, [Name]-chan... you'd regret it" I heard his voice say sadly.

~~~●••●••●~~~

Hello there..!
I hope this chapter didn't break your hearts, too... I know this may sound a bit devilish, but trust me and keep reading, please ^3^
What is our Noya-senpai going to say about "regretting to kiss him"? (Personally I wouldn't regret it :D)
How dares that Kiriya suddenly pop out and claim OUR Suga-senpai is her boyfriend?! 😡😠
Stay tuned, updates coming soon..!
Shiri-Chan96