Day 30 - Family

Write a scene that you've been dying to write, anything at all.

----------------

"Breakfast!" Mommy yelled while she was setting out plates and forks.

It was another meaning for 'Get your butts down here before I go up there and throw you down the stairs.'

She wasn't kidding. I've seen her do it before.

Which is why I'm always down here even before she's done preparing everything.

I counted the number of plates to check if she put out the right amount and nodded in satisfaction at the result.

"Geez, Ma. Tell it to the whole neighborhood that we're having breakfast, why don't ya?" Emily walked in, carrying Jasper at her hips. She heaved a huge yawn as she placed him on his highseat.

Emily is my biggest sister and the eldest out of our siblings. At the age of 21, she's currently jobless and broke, which explains the reason why she's still living in this house. All she does everyday is take care of Jasper.

I shook my head at my sister's non-stop yawning and reached over to tie on Jasper's bib.

Jasper is the youngest at 3 years old, which means he gets all the love and cuddles. It also means he can get a bit spolit at times.

"Did you wake the others, Em?" Mom asked, busy flipping fried eggs and putting bread in the toaster at the same time. I don't know how she does that. Maybe it's because my arms are too short.

"Yeah," Emily replied, now on her phone.

"Then where are they?"

"Here." Jane and Mark walked in and took their seats simultaneously.

You would think being fraternal twins would make them completely different from each other, but that wasn't it for Jane and Mark. It was kinda creepy sometimes when they did the same things unconsciously.

After the 17 year old twins came the 16 year old ones, Riley and Taylor, each with one of the 7 year old twins, Hannah and Poppy.

Riley and Taylor were identical twins, yet their personalities were opposites. Which would explain why they fight all the time. I don't know how they share the same room.

On the other hand, Hannah and Poppy were inseparable, despite the fact that they were the same as the 17 year olds in the sense that they were identical and had opposite personalities.

My sisters sat in their seats after Jane and Mark, and Riley and Taylor immediately started fighting over who would get to use the strawberry jam first. I grabbed it before they could and stuck my tongue out at them when they gave me dirty looks.

I was about to open the jar, but it was swiped from my hands. Whipping my head around to see who it was, I saw Wayne taking his seat with the jam in his hands.

"Hey! I had that first!" I yelled, glaring at my older brother.

"Too bad. It's mine now," he replied, spreading the jam onto his toast.

Huffing, I crossed my arms. There was no use trying to take it back. Wayne was in the school's rugby team which meant he was way stronger than me.

"Fine, but me next!" I shouted back and slumped in my seat.

"No, it's me next," said Jacob as he walked in and took his seat.

"No fair! I said it first," I protested.

"I was born first," he retorted with a smirk to which I groaned. He always used that comeback.

"And then me, since I was born before you too, Laine," Paige said as he entered. He ruffled my hair as he passed me to sit down.

I growled and slumped back into my seat.

Wayne, Jacob, and Paige were 15 years old and the only triplets in our family. I think they were born to make my life miserable.

"Stop glaring, Laine. That'll only make your pretty eyes ugly," Mark said as he gave me his fried egg.

I consented and gobbled up the food. I can never be angry for long; it's too tiring.

The strawberry jam eventually made its way back to me, though the amount had reduced considerably. I was just happy there was even some left.

I put some on my toast and gave it to Mark, which he took with a smile.

Carefully spreading some more onto my other toast, I took the time to look around the table.

It was like any other morning for our family, and after eight years of living like this, I couldn't even imagine how else it would be like. Though it would be better if my jam wasn't taken.

Nonetheless, I smiled and took a big bite of my toast, passing the jar to Riley. What a nice start to a nice-

The sound of a plate crashing to the ground interrupted my thoughts. We all turned our heads to where it came from.

"Mommy!" I yelled when I saw her on the ground, holding her belly.

Emily was already by her side and helping her up. "I think she's going into labor!"

The older kids immediately started taking action, and I turned to Jacob. "What's 'going into labor' mean?"

He smirked and swallowed his food before answering, "It means Mom's gonna have a baby."

I gaped and exclaimed, "Again?!"

----------------

A/N

I've always wanted to write a story with a huge family in it.

And it did not end the way I thought it would. Haha.

Comment and vote!