Chapter 9

Harry's POV:

 I woke with a start and looked at the clock; 10:27am. I looked around the room and everywhere my eyes landed, I saw the headlights from my dream and the car crash. I ran a shaky hand through my hair and thought about what Louis said.

"Follow your heart.." I let out a frustrated sigh as I got out of bed; why wouldn't he just tell me who it was? I went downstairs, finding a note on the counter.

                'We went to eat, didn't want to wake you, you were sleeping pretty hard... We'll meet you at the studio -Liam.' I nodded to myself and threw the note away. As much as it annoyed me that they practically lived here now, I liked it; I wasn't alone. Even though I wanted to be alone, it was nice knowing that someone was still there. I went back upstairs, taking my shirt off as I went and went into the bathroom to shower. I got in the shower, letting the water run through my hair and down my body. The warm water relaxed me a bit and I just stood there, letting the water soothe. 

Once I finally washed my body and hair, I went into my drawers and pulled out a pair of jeans and a tank top, slipping them on and grabbed my phone and keys. I walked out to my car, getting in quickly and drove to the Doncaster cemetery, my knuckles turning white from how hard I was gripping the steering wheel. I had no idea why I was doing this but I kept driving. I parked on the side of the rode and walked through the cemetery gates, heading over to Louis' headstone. It was a black granite square that read, 'Louis William Tomlinson. Dec. 24, 1991- August 2, 2013. Amazing son, friend, singer and boyfriend.' Tears spring to my eyes and I sat on the grass in front of the stone, with my legs crossed.

"You were more than amazing. You were brilliant... the best. I miss hearing your voice...your singing.." I said, tears silently running down my cheeks. "God, I love you so much, Louis." I buried my face in my hands and let myself cry. The grass crunched next to me and I looked up to see a little old lady standing next to me.

"Your brother?" She asked, her voice barely a whisper, as she looked at the stone... I slowly got to my feet, shaking my head.

 "No... He was, uh...my boyfriend." I muttered, not looking at her.

 "Ah...I see.. I just lost my wife recently... a heart attack." She said, fidgeting with her coat and my eyes widened; she was like me.

"I'm so sorry to hear that." I said, watching the lady.

"What about you, hun? How old was-" She looked at the headstone. "Louis?" I took a deep breath.

 "He was 21... car crash." She shook her head and grabbed my hand.

"I'm sorry... he was so young." I nodded, a tear slipping from my eye. I sighed, looking at the woman.

"Can I ask you something?" She nodded and I had no idea why I was asking a stranger this... "Do you think it's possibly to talk to them... in your dreams, after they pass?" I bit my lip nervously and she looked at me with a small smile on her face.

 "Yes... I do. I see and talk to Marylin all the time." I nodded and glanced down at my watch.

"I have to get going. Thank you so much." She patted my hand and smiled. 

"He'll always be with you, honey. Don't ever forget that." I gave her a curt nod and made my way back to my car and drove quickly to the studio. I got there the same time the other lads did and we walked in together. The head of Modest was there with a few other men from management and they eyed me as we walked into the recording room. I felt uneasy.

 "You ok, Harry?" Niall asked and I nodded, getting ready to focus on the music, despite the thousands of thoughts running through my head.

*   *   *

 "Alright boys. 15 minute break." The man finally said and we walked out of the room. I turned to the other boys.

 "I'll be right back, bathroom break." They nodded and turned to the water jug. Thankfully, the studio was part of management's building, helping my plan work better. I walked hastily down the hallway to a set of stairs and climbed up them quickly, checking behind me to see if anyone was following me. Once I was at the top, I went down the hall, reading the names on the doors until I found the once I was looking for. 'Head of Modest.' I opened the door, which to my surprise was unlocked, and entered the office. I was looking for any evidence that would help me... I don't know why I thought I could do this. I just needed something.. I checked through the garbage but it was filled with nothing but old receipts. I looked at the lap top that sat on top of the desk and turned it on, the screen lighting up to show the inbox of Rob's email. I looked through the sent messages, my eyes landing on two, sent a week apart. The one's subject read, 'I need a favor.' I clicked on it and read it.

'Hey, you said if I ever needed anything, I could count on you. I need you to take care of a problem. One of the boys I manage is gonna do something that's going to cost a lot of money. His name is Louis Tomlinson. Follow him around.. get rid of him. -Rob." That message was sent 2 days before Louis died. My heart raced and I licked my lips as I opened the recent email, which was sent yesterday and the subject read, 'Another favor.'

"Hey, I need another favor. Since you did such a good, subtle job with dealing with Tomlinson, you need to do it again... but this time to Harry Styles. -Rob." My heart stopped as I read the last 6 words. The email was sent yesterday. Ohmygod. With shaking hands, I printed both emails and folded them, slipping them in my pocket. I turned the computer off, making my way back to the recording room, my heart racing the whole time. I felt like I was about to pass out.

 "Harry, are you alright? You look pale." Zayn said as I entered the room. I nodded, trying to swallow the lump in my throat as I looked through the glass, catching Rob's eye. His gaze was ice cold and I felt uneasy once again.

"Alright boys...let's begin."