The Girl Who Wrote The Dating Manual

Review #1
Book: The Girl Who Wrote the Dating Manual
Written by: xXForever_LoveXx

I promise you that The Girl Who Wrote the Dating Manual (TGWWTDM) is an emotional roller coaster. Some might say it's just another Chick Lit, but I can assure you once you read it you'll realize that it's different. Well besides all the romance and all the boys fighting over our main character, Candice Sinclair.

Unlike the stereotype Candice is certainly not stupid, except when it comes to love. Promising herself she would never fall in love due to divorced parents which resulted in the loss of her father and a bitter mom. Candice soon breaks that vow when she meets Chance Ryder. But it wouldn't be a Chick Lit if there wasn't another romantic interest. Or maybe even another one. But that's for you to find out when you read TGWWTDM and the sequel The Girl Who Read the Dating Manual.

Candice Sinclair is a nightmare dressed in a day dream (quoted by Taylor Swift). On the outside she's sweet and charming but on the inside she's a bitter and vile woman just like her mother. Even if the author does not put that right out in front of your face, over time you soon to realize her hidden alter ego that Candice doesn't even seem to know about. Candice is still a wonderful female protagonist that makes you sit at the edge of your seat with the turn of every page.

Candice Sinclair is a side character in the book All Bets Are Off written by the same author, xXForever_LoveXx but is seen as the main character in The Girl Who Wrote the Dating Manual and The Girl Who Read the Dating Manual.

Chance Ryder reminds me of Tobias (Four) Eaton in the Divergent franchise. Prince in shining armor comes and befriends the independent maiden before long they fall in love but also have a lot of fights. I probably just summed up a lot of relationships in real life and some in fiction. Such as the ones I mentioned previously, Ten and Chandice. Like my ship names? Despite this, NaLu is still my OTP of the fictional world. Chance also has quite the traumatic background and can sometimes be seen as brooding, stubborn, and difficult. In TGWRTDM he would not just back off when he should've. Dishonor upon you!

This brings us to Ava Donoghue, the perfect best friend and sidekick to the main protagonist. But what's a main side character without a few problems? Ava and her girlfriend Rose are both heavily in love and have been together for six months. Just remember that it's a Chick Lit so there's going to be drama. Rose's parents are devoted Catholics and disapprove of her relationship with Ava. Of course they assume Rose is going through a phase so they let her have her way. Ring a bell with Piper from Orange Is The New Black, anyone? Read it to find out what happens!

Finally we move on to Jamie (James) Donoghue. Personally, my favorite character of the bunch. Jamie is Ava's older brother, but don't diss him because of this fact just yet. He's the Chandler (from F.R.I.E.N.D.S) of the bunch with a strong witted personality. Of course, he's a potential love interest who shares a kiss with Candice. Out of all of the guys Candice can choose from, I would choose to put Candice and Jamie together. In fact, the couple reminds me of Chandler and Monica (from F.R.I.E.N.D.S). If you're a fan of the show F.R.I.E.N.D.S and the book you'll get my reference and most likely agree.

That concludes the characters part and we'll move on to my likings of the story plot. For the most part, I loved everything that happened from the hickies to the airport. But there those cringe worthy moments when the characters did the wrong thing (like The Walking Dead), mostly involving romantic decisions. But the author needed to make things interesting so the plot had horrible decisions done by the main characters, few good. The good choices started to appear in the sequel,  The Girl Who Read The Dating Manual. It's also where Candice chooses her final love interest, give me a second to squeal over here. Okay, we're good.

The author overall did a memorable job of describing and explaining the story to the readers. Like always, I left a piece of my heart with the story. Maybe if we get lucky we can get a story with Candice's child (I won't say which gender). I would have to give it 5 out of 5 stars or 10/10 ratings. Honestly, it blew me away and it was highly addictive. I beg you all to read it and if you want I'll get on my hands and knees.

Favorite Quotes:

Why was I feeling like this? Why was I blushing and falling over my words? Why did the thought of going on a date get me so excited? Why did it hurt to say no to him and lie about my whereabouts

What the hell was happening to me?

I've done a lot of things in my life

I've spent twelve years shaking and crying into a pillow as my parents argued mercilessly from downstairs, their voices carrying up the stairs and into my vulnerable ears. I've spent my whole life reserved; fearful that if I allowed someone into my life, I'd certainly meet a similar fate. I've moved across states to avoid my parents; said goodbye to friends I believed I'd have forever.

I've lost so many people in my life. But I've also gained things, too.

I've made friends, I found love, and I even gave up my virtue to a man that I honestly, truly loved.

And, looking back, I know it wasn't all in vain.

~

Pretty awesome, right? Well go and check out The Girl Who Wrote the Dating Manual. Make sure to follow xXForever_LoveXx while you're at it!

If you want me to review your story shoot me a story and I'll look it over. Anyways, have a good timezone! A lot of stuff just went down in the Walking Dead and I should put my phone down.  My step-dad is over here telling me that he totally proved me right and everything that just happened also occurred in the comic books. Fangirl, out!