4. I'm Glad My Misfortunes Amuse You

Start bij het begin

“Okay well now what.”

“Let’s not free fall for a while.” I laugh and Harry nods. “What about that one?” I ask and it’s a ride that spins but you stay on the ground. After that ride we enjoy every ride feeling like teenagers again. I mean I’m only 20 but Harry makes me feel 15 again. I don’t throw up or get nauseas when I ride rides but I get a massive headache and I need to lay down for a bit. Harry notices my discomfort and we go to get something to eat which is candy floss and a dr pepper. We find a little platform that is above people so it’s kind of quiet. Harry helps me up being that it is over my head. I didn’t quite realize how strong he is until he simply pulled himself up right next to me. I marvel at him which he sends me a wink. “What?”

I shake my head and laugh. “Just didn’t realize how strong you are.”

We sit eating our candy floss talking about our favorite foods, movies, songs, bands. We have several things in common so the conversation is never dull.

“What’s the best thing you ever did for a girlfriend?” I ask him.

Harry thinks for a minute before perking up. “When I was 15 my girlfriend at the time had a little river and a bridge beside her house so I spent time setting up candles along the river and bridge and up to her house, you know very romantic, and I went to her door to get her to come out and she said no because it was dark.”

My mouth dropped. “She didn’t come out?” I question.

“Nope.” He shakes his head giving a short laugh.

“That’s terrible! What’d you do after that?”

“I got drunk.”

Something about the way he said that made me laugh so hard that my clutching my side and resting one of my hands on his knee.

He laughs with me. “I’m glad my misfortunes amuse you.”

“I’m sorry! It’s just, I really don’t know why I’m laughing.” I try to control my breathing to stop laughing.

“It’s okay.” He laughs at me.

“That’s really terrible though. If my boyfriend did something like that I wouldn’t say no.”

“Well she didn’t know I had done it.”

“Still. You had walked to her house and she didn’t come out.”

He shrugs looking at me with an amused smirk. “Want to go on the ferris wheel?” I laugh nodding and Harry jumps down turning to me. “Jump!”

“Are you mental?”

“Maybe.” He laughs. “I’ll catch you when you fall, Scar.”

Something in me tells me that he isn’t just talking about me jumping down from this platform. I go with my instinct, closing my eyes and jumping down to fall into two strong arms.

“Open your eyes.” I hear Harry whisper. I slowly open my eyes to see Harry’s face right next to mine.

“You caught me.” I say simply not really knowing what else to say.

“I always will.” He looks me in the eyes and I can see no doubt in them. I nod and he lets me down grabbing my hand and walking towards the Ferris Wheel and getting on.

Once we reach the top after a few times going around our cart stops and Harry turns to me. “What’s the best thing you did for a boyfriend?” He asks me.

I look down entwining my fingers together. The best thing I did for Dylan was the night he also raped me. “Umm, when I was 16 I dated this guy Dylan. We had been dating for a year and it was our ‘anniversary’” I use air quotes which earns me a laugh from Harry. “And he didn’t even remember that it was our anniversary. I bought him a Rolex watch that I had been saving up for almost four months. I made him this huge dinner that took me all day to prepare and he comes in drunk. He didn’t even say thank you.”