"Why do you think i'm able to control him? Oh, you know the myth. The kanima is a weapon of vengeance."

"This is about Kate?" I said hushed. Gerard looked down. "I didn't just come here to bury my daughter. I came to avenge her."

All of a sudden, the kanima dropped my mom and she fell to her knees. We instantly ran towards as Gerard left the room.

"Are you okay?" Scott and I said simultaneously as my mom breathed heavily.

"Oh, I don't know what's happening. I don't know what that thing was or even what you are, but whatever he wants, just give it to him." Scott looked at me, shaking his head.

"Mom, it's not that easy." Mom shook her head. "Do what he wants. Just give him what he wants."

"I don't think we can." Scott said, looking over at me.

Scott and I were now at the animal clinic. Scott was keeping me on tight watch now that Gerard had held our mom with the kanima. He didn't want the same thing to happen to me. I was currently reading a book about dogs when the bell rang, indicating someone was here.

"Aubrey, would you mind seeing who that is?" I smiled and got up. I was about to walk into the waiting room when all the dogs started going crazy. Looking back at Scott and Deaton, I saw they had the same expression I did.

Carefully I walked into the waiting room, the boys behind me and saw Isaac standing there, hands in his pockets.

"It's okay, Isaac." Deaton walked over and opened the gate. "We're open." Isaac walked into the clinic, following us to the back. Isaac was the only one I talked too from Derek's pack, other than Derek. Boyd and Erica had seemed distant.

"Why does it smell like that?" Isaac nudged towards the dog on the table. He was right, it smelt like a mix of decay and skunk. Weird mixture. Scott and Deaton looked over at Isaac, smiling. "What?"

"Scott said almost the same thing to me a few months ago. One day he could somehow tell the difference between which animals were getting better and which were not."

"He's not getting better, is he?" I questioned. Deaton looked down at the dog and shook his head. "Like cancer."

"Osteosarcoma. It had a very distinct scent, doesn't it?" Isaac and I shook our heads. "Come here, I know you two are well aware of what your new abilities can do for you. Improved strength, speed, and healing. You ever wonder what it could do for others?" I walked over to Scott.

"Give me your hand." I gave Scott my hand. He placed it on the dog's stomach.

Out of nowhere, I felt this small pain in my hand. At first I thought it was someone, but looking down, I saw my veins, now visible, filled with a black liquid. The liquid traveled up my arm as I kept my hand on the dog.

Once I removed my hand, my veins went back to normal. "What did I do." I whispered, looking at Scott. He smiled. "You took some of his pain away."

I smiled, sniffling as the dog whined. "Only a little bit. But sometimes a little can make quite a difference. Scott put his arm around my shoulder, pulling me in for a hug. "It's okay. The first time he showed me, I cried too." I laughed dryly.

Deaton had went home, after putting the dog away, leaving Scott to clean up. I sat next to Isaac on the examination table. "They're leaving tonight, during the game." Scott's turned to face Isaac.

"So why are you telling us." Isaac shook his head. "I'm not telling you. I'm asking you. I'm asking you for your advice." Scott cocked back his head. "From me? Why?"

Aubrey //S.S.// ➸ Book 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें