Harry

On a warm and sunny morning in Charlotte, North Carolina Harry Lance walked into Bail Middle School unsure of what was to come

RING RING RING! The school bell alerts me that we have five minutes to get to class. Ugh, why did it have to be math. I should be in honors math, but since I'm new they have to make sure I'm "smart" enough to be in it.

"Dude watch where you are going," a tall eighth grader says to me. What a piece of shit I was just standing here, and he comes along and bumps into me. "Sorry," I mumble trying to not draw attention to myself. As I walk to class I begin to worry about if I will fit in with the "cool  kids." I walk into classroom 202 and sit down as quickly as possible. The kid next to me starts laughing, and I know he is laughing at me. I already know this school is going to suck. The rest of the day goes by really slowly with no one talking to me unless they are trying to be rude or make fun of me. My final class is Band. On my way there I begin to worry about if the kids will make fun of me just like all my other classes.

"Hey man, where do you think you are going" the same eighth grader from this morning yells at me.

"Away from you" I quickly yell back. He grunts a little and then begins to walk to his class. I walk into band pissed off and walk up to the teacher.

"I'm the new Alto Saxophone, where do I sit?" I ask hoping she won't welcome me as a new student.

"Hi I am Ms. Peters, and you can sit over there with the other Saxophones" She answers. As I am walking over a flute calls out.

"Ugh, why are you here we don't need another Saxophone." As others laugh I realize it was a joke.

"He's here to play louder so we don't have to hear you guys" A clarinet yells out. Even I have to laugh at this one. As I sit down next to a girl who also plays the Alto I begin to think that this class may not be so bad.

"Hi, I'm Joselyn it's nice to meet you." She says with a smile on her face.

"HI I'm Harry nice to meet you too." I reply hoping we can just leave it at that. The teacher begins to tell us about Performing Band and Jazz Band. They are clubs that are in the morning from 8:00 to 9:45 in the morning. I am definitely not doing that. It is way to early in the morning for me. As she is talking I notice a tall Alto Saxophone who won't stop talking. He keeps laughing and talking, but what he doesn't realize is that the teacher is looking straight at him.

"Michael, I would appreciate it if you would stop talking please." She says kindly. He nods his head and she begins talking again. Ms Peters starts talking about a trip to Atlanta for Performing Band. She talks about all these cool things, but is interrupted by the school bell. The girl, Joselyn, comes up to talk to me.

"Bye, see you next class." and walks off. Maybe this class won't be so bad after all.