Accidental Text|| Ethan

y/n - your name
y/b - your best friend

You bump your head on your pillow, screaming from embarrassment. Clinging to the sheets as if it could save you from your mistake. Your mother knocks at your door.

"Are you okay there y/n?" She asks.

"I'm okay mom!" You said. Muffing sounds blurt out as you say it since you try to bury your head on the pillow.

"If you say so," Then you heard her footsteps fade away. Your eyes dart on your phone right next to you, reminding you what you have sent. Your clumsiness finally took over. Your thoughts were too scrambled, heart beat gallops fast as you make sure that it is real.

You were texting with your best friend before that. Talking about your crush, Ethan, the usual talk. Like how you talk about the way he smiles, the small talks you had with him, the way he makes your legs weak when he passes by, how you know his likes and dislikes, and everything that revolves around him. You took your distance a bit from him, thinking that he is way out of your league. He's a football player while you slip on a non existing rock. He's popular in the internet and in your school while you're just a fan girl on an average popularity. How would he notice you? The universe had to stop before he notices you, you think. You flinch as you read the text that you sent:

You: I don't know why I like Ethan, y/b, besides I'll be forever seeing him with the other girls. No way would he notice me, I wish he would.

That text may seem a norm but looking at recipient that you had sent, you go crazy. It was no other than Ethan himself. You tap your phone, finding a way to delete it but of course nothing can be done to it. You just hope he's busy so he can't read it. You think that maybe you should pretend to get sick tomorrow so you can't see him in school. How would you walk confidently knowing that he might read your text? May be he would pretend that he didn't saw it or worst, he would pretend he doesn't know you. You bump your head on your pillow again, flushing away the thoughts about what could happen in that text that you had said.

"Why!?" you said out loud. You text your best friend on your little mistake. After an hour, your best friend arrives on your home. Your best friend opens the door, seeing you miserable.

"For real? I thought it could only happen on Wattpad, you seriously send it to him!?" your best friend exclaims, her hands covering her mouth. You just slightly nod, embarrassment drawn on your face. It seems like your blood went up all in your head.

"I know, I don't know what to do y/b, should I change school?" You asked. Your best friend rolls her eyes at your suggestion.

"You're over reacting y/n, you would never know his reaction, he might like you also," Your best friend sits right next to you.

You sigh, "I guess I am over reacting but..."

You best friend stands up, her hands on her hips, "Be confident, if he likes you then good and if he doesn't, then your life continues, beat it. May be this was supposed to happen so you can stop liking him secretly. There are many choices ahead of you."

You think again. So what if doesn't end up liking you, at least you told him and that may the best choice you'll make. You stood up with your best friend, "you're right, I'll go to school tomorrow without my head down".

The both of you laugh exclaiming that both of you went emotional. Life is just full of surprises, at least you boost your confidence up.

The day ends with you tucked in your bed, you slept without the thoughts that you had earlier. You just looked at the stars from your window in front of you. It sure was a crazy day.

--------

You woke up feeling confident. You blast your music up, lip syncing to it. You held the brush as if it was a legit microphone. With the cringing dance moves you always do in the morning. It's a normal Monday. The day you'll go to school again. You wore your white shirt under your gray cotton hoodie and tying your hair up on a messy bun. You wanna get comfortable, screw the people who judge you on what you wear. It's the real you. You smile on the mirror, looking the best that you can. Your mom shouts from below that your breakfast was ready. The smell of your favorite food tingles you with delight. You rushed downstairs, finding that your mom prepared everything for you.

"Wow! Thanks mom for being awesome," You sincerely complimented. Your mom gave a weird expression written on her face.

"Are you okay honey? Are you not sick?" Your mom worriedly asked. Worried by your sudden change from yesterday.

You chuckle, "I am mom, it's just that the weather is nice."

It really was a nice day, the sun glistens through your window, clouds hover upon the sky and it gives an atmosphere of the days when you didn't care on how the world will judge you. You finished your food, feeling full. You grabbed your back and kissed your mom goodbye before going out.

"Bye mom!" You shouted as you were already outside your house. After 10 minutes, you finally have reached your school. Students were already hurrying for their upcoming class. Your head turns left to right, finding your best friend waving to you. You waved back. The both of you rushed to the middle and hugged like you've never seen her yesterday.

"I've miss you!" Your best friend then laughs.

"We have met just yesterday y/b," You said, breaking the hug since you had a hard time breathing.

"Still," Your best friend shrugs.

Your eyes wonder for any sign of Ethan. "He's on his locker getting books," Your best friend tells you. You thanked your best friend before going to the lockers. There he is, getting his books. You sidled to your locker, 1 locker away from Ethan. You silently cough, trying to get his attention but he doesn't notice. You decided to greet him instead.

"Hey Ethan," You greeted, his face turns to you. You acted casual but he doesn't know your heart was beating crazily just seeing him.

"Hey y/n," He smiles. But that's the only words he tells you. He doesn't bring up the text that you had sent. You get disappointed, of course he'll pretend that he didn't read that. You get your books also and you left. It pinches your heart but you stayed strong even the pain demands to be felt. It's just how the fates decided. You can't do anything about it. You seem to get distracted always in your class, thoughts flying about Ethan. The teachers words were just a background noise to you. Your best friend comforts but it still hurts. You remind yourself that you'll get over it. You got to your shared class with Ethan and the feelings seems to get worst because he's right there in front from your seat. The bell rings, a signal that the class had ended. The students begin to scramble away from their classrooms. You were about to leave, swiftly getting your books, but Ethan held your arm, stopping you from leaving.

You faced him, wide eyes. He smiles shyly at you, "I didn't read your text last night because I left it on my friend's house."

All this time you thought he pretended. Your uneasiness begins to disappear and your heart flutters at his words. His hand was still on your arms and his touch tingles your skin.

"It was just this time he gave it to me and I saw your text. You don't need me to notice you, I already noticed you before. Since the day I saw you," His words seemed like a song to your ears.

"I like you y/n, I always did," He said.

"I like you to Ethan and I also always did," You smile. Both of you hugged each other. You didn't notice you were crying with happiness. All those paranoid thoughts were useless because he's right there in front of you. In fact he is already lifting your chin to face him. Your eyes wonder and before you knew it, he leans in to you. Your lips touching his, fireworks began to explode inside and syncing with your heart beat. It may be the best mistake you ever had. Who knew everything will start just because of one accidental text.

-------

Thank you for reading! Click the vote button and comment down below please. So I decided to post 2 chapters this week because I felt writing. I hope this boost wouldn't disappear. Please share it to your friends also, I would be very grateful. Bye!! 😘