Because she answered...(Before I fall in Love)

Maine pushed him away and brushed at her eyes. "I hope you don't take it the wrong way, but you're just too confusing." "You said you'll wait for my answer, then you go and say something like that. It's like you're forcing me to answer you on your own time."

Alden leaned against the couch and exhaled loudly. "Sorry, I got frustrated.  It just came out." He ran a hand through his hair, "I am willing to wait for you. Forget what I said. I'll...I'll wait."

Maine clenched her hands, "I wish I could give you what you want.  But at this moment, I don't know...I don't even know what I want."

She turned towards him, "You come into my life under circumstances that I would never even have thought of. People have already labeled what we have as a relationship. Right now I'm trying to figure out what exactly this relationship is, what it means to me."

He opened his mouth to say something but she put her hand to his lips to stop him."I like you, that much I can answer truthfully." 

"I look at you with everything you've done, everything you've shown me and my heart is on the verge of falling."

Maine dropped her hand on her lap, and stared at it. "I want to believe you. I want to believe it all, but my mind rationalizes with me. What if it's all just because we've been put on the spot? Are you doing this because we've been placed in this situation? Because this is what people are rooting for? Am I falling for you because that's what's expected of me?"

She looked at him, "Or should I say no because you're you and I'm me. Me, who still can't fathom that this is real? That it could just be a fairytale because I get to end up with Prince Charming. Because in reality, I'm just a girl in a sea of other girls. What makes me special among all the others?"

 She sighed, "Are you giving enough? Maybe? But my head is still searching for answers. It's looking for something. Something to assure me that you are that someone I can surrender my heart to."

Alden reached out and  pulled her to him, "Hey, I love you, this is what I feel." He wrapped his arms around her, "And what I feel for you is real. If you need more proof then I won't stop, I won't stop trying to convince you that I'm here for you and you're the only thing that matters to me."

"I'll get there." She hugged him back, "I don't know when, but I will get there. In time."