Chapter Thirteen.

Chapter Thirteen.
Lacey's POV.

Its winter formal day, and I couldn't be less interested. I've had everyone nagging me to go. I don't want to. Hell even Jax has been telling me to go. But I don't want to go. Even if I did plan and arrange everything.

I enlisted some of the guys to help me decorate the venue whilst the local band set up. Fake icicles, a light dusting of fake snow. General wintery things. The photo booth is set up with a leafless tree coated in fake snow. A bench is there as a prop. There's just a wintery feel so I guess I did well...

Looking around I zero in on Josh hanging mistletoe, right over the middle of the dance floor, on the canapé. I freaking told him not to do that! God damn it. With a wink and a smirk my way he heads towards Nate.

"So you still adamant you're not coming tonight?" Seth asks making me jump. "Its not my thing." I say and he laughs. "And you think its mine?" He asks and I smile. "You know you love wearing a monkey suit and dancing romantically under fakery." I say and he shakes his head. "I'll never fully understand you." He says and my heart stills. "Maybe that's a good thing." I say and we just stand in silence.

*

Pausing my music I sigh as my phone buzzes yet again. Yes ladies and gentlemen, my stubborn friends. With only three hours to go until the formal, they're still trying to get me to go with them for a couple of hours.

The shrill sound of the phone fills the still house. Answering I think I almost cry. "We need you to come and supervise, because you've organised things so you have the best knowledge of whats going on." Great, I have to go now. Well I don't own any decent dresses so I'd best get my ass into gear and get to the mall pronto.

I quickly park up and the mall and rush into the store. I need to find that dress. Frantically searching racks, I groan when I can't find it. "Miss?" A voice asks and I turn to see one of the workers smiling at me. "We have your dress in the back, would you like us to collect it." Completely befuddled, I merely nod my head and watch as the lady rushes off. True to her word she waltzes out with the dress I'd like in hand, a wide smile on her face. "You have that young gentleman to thank, this was quite the popular dress." She says and I just smile though I don't really know whats going on here. Is she talking about Josh? Ha! Fat chance! But maybe he told Nate. Yeah thats it, I mean it definitely wasn't Seth. I hand her the money and quickly add a pair of shoes so I don't have to worry about them.

Well, I made it home in one piece. Now time to get ready. I quickly shower before moving onto my make up. I do my usual smokey eye make up but add purple glitter into the corners and to give a faded affect use blue on the edges. I add a shimmery highlight to my already pale skin and use a purple to line my lips but fade it again, ombre style, into blue. Okay I have an hour to do my hair, get my dress on and drive to the venue. I can do this. Braiding the two sections from the side of my face I make a rash decision and use the silk belt that comes with the dress and create a bow in the back to join them together. I slip on the dress, admiring the smooth fabric before putting my shoes on, grabbing my clutch and rushing downstairs. Jax has little time to complement me as I give him a hug and rush for the door.

I reach the venue, ten minutes late, and sigh. Oh well. I scan the lot for a space and cheer in achievement as my eyes connect with the last empty space. Getting out, I smooth my dress and make my way towards the doors. What I don't expect is for someone to be stood outside waiting. Connecting eyes I'm taken a back at the sight. Seth? "I knew you'd come." He says and I shrug. "Not like I had much choice." I say and he shrugs. We stand in silence for a couple of minutes.

Seth suddenly grabs my arm, gently, and leads me inside. He walks me over to the photo booth, and I protest greatly. I'm not allowed photos of me, they could be traced... I could be found. "Come on, for me. Nobody else has to see them." He says and I sigh, finding my resolve disappearing at the sight of his gorgeous puppy dog eyes. Damn it. We stand in the designated spot and Seth wraps his arms around my waist, as I give a blinding smile to the camera. One flash. I shift slightly so I'm more to the side of him as apposed to infront of him and once again smile widely. I walk around to where they let you look and what I see shocks me. In one of them, I'm smiling, but not really looking at the camera, more up slightly, and Seth looks down slightly, a slight smile on his face, but his eyes, his eyes tell the story here. They look upon me with such strong emotions. Shocking.