One

I hate school. I think the rest of the teenage population would agree. But I hated it more than the rest. Creaston College, was a massive co-ed private school, with uniforms, strict discipline and a lot of money.

Sober by Selena Gomez blared from my phone and I knew it was time to get up. I turned my phone off and shuffled over to my bathroom. After taking a quick shower and brushing my teeth I got dressed in my uniform.

It was a white long sleeved button up shirt, grey skirts and a grey, blue checkered tie. With stockings and polished black shoes of course. My stockings were in a bad condition and I was going to get a earful from the teachers, but oh well.

I didn't bother tucking in my shirt or tying my hair, I rolled up my sleeves and grabbed my backpack. Before leaving our small apartment I knocked on my mother's door. When nobody answered I pushed the door open and saw her sleeping soundly. I sighed and pulled the covers further up until it covered her shoulders. I kissed her cheek and left again. I locked the door and took a bite out of my apple.

"Morning Mackenzie" Mrs Roberts greeted me as she made her way to work. She was an elderly lady in her early sixties, she owned the little cafe down the street. She had money but never wanted to move out of her small, crappy apartment . Always saying that this was where she grew up. Her home.

"Morning Mrs. Roberts" I greeted back and she smiled.

"How are things?"

"Good thank you and Mrs?" I asked and she smiled.

"Great thanks. And your mom?" She whispered.

"She's better thanks for asking" I bit back a scowl.

"That's good. Remember I'm always here to help" she said and patted my hand.

"Thank you but we're coping just fine" I said and she nodded.

"Enjoy your day Mackenzie"

"You too Mrs . Roberts" I said and we parted ways. I walked to school and she made her way to work.

"Mac!" Someone shouted as I walked through the school gates. I turned and looked at my one of my best friends with a calm expression. Taylor Clarkson came sprinting towards me, blonde curls whipped behind her like a cape.

"Tay" I chuckled as she hugged me. I was not really one for hugs but Tay was an exception.

"Morning Mac" she smiled and hitched her backpack strap higher onto her shoulder.

We were total opposites Tay and I. She had curly blonde hair and shining blue eyes. Dimples in both cheeks and a beautiful, bubbly personality. She was smart and never stepped out of line. I had dark chocolate brown hair and green eyes. And let's just say I was called the bad girl for a reason.

"The headmistress is going to complain about your uniform" Tay said as we walked to our lockers.

"She can go fu-" I began but Taylor's glare made me stop.

"No cussing Mackenzie!" Ms. MacArthur snapped as she stopped by my side. She was the deputy-headmistress.

"I didn't curse. I didn't finish my sentence" I said defiantly.
"Miss. Grey you need to sort out your uniform. Your apperience is a disgrace to the school. Detention" she turned on her heel and walked away. I grumbled profanities under my breath and got my books.

"Yes, Mackenzie you are a disgrace to our school" a snippy voice came from behind me. I turned and looked Britney up and down with a bored face. We had a weird relationship, a love-hate relationship.

"Yes, Mackenzie you are a disgrace to our school. Oh how terrible. Oh how dare I" I fake gasped and she narrowed her eyes jokingly.

"Someone is defensive" she tutted.