Let the Nightmares Commence

It was dark out, I could hear what sounded like leaves rustling in the wind, all I knew was thatch was running. I didn't know what from, I didn't know anything. I was just... Running. I heard a loud roar echo through the forest. I turned to look back to see two glowing red eyes staring back at me. I felt my body to stiff. What is that?

Suddenly, Cyrus steps out of the darkness beside the red eyes and smirked at me "oh my child, how you think you can run from your destiny... You know that wherever you go... It will follow." he started laughing as it echoed through the trees. All I could do was stand there, wide eyes as the red eyes grew closer. I finally let out a scream...

~~~~~~~~

"Melody!? Melody!!" I heard a familiar voice scream as my eyes shot opened and I quickly sat up. I looked over to see a very worried Misaki.

"Are you alright?!" she asked frantically

"Y-yeah... Just a bad dream.." I replied as I rubbed my eyes "sorry..."

Misaki patted my head and then left the tent to finish getting packed up. I sighed, what was that about...? What was that thing...? I shook my head and took in a deep breath. That's the past now, I'm a new person.

~~~~~~~~~~

I stepped out of the tent just in time to hear Misaki gasp and Yamato just simply state "well that's a little shocking." I looked a little confused as I walked over, they were just standing in front of Nathan but he looked... Very melancholy.

"Hey Nathan! What's up?" I asked as I walked up to the group

"Oh you know, nothing." he said, his voice sounded emotionless

"Are you okay?" I asked curiously

"Yeah? Why wouldn't I be?" he asked

"You seem, different?"

"I only get excited when I fish or am around water, the other times I'm me, what you see here. And the me you see here wants to join your little escapade."

I blinked and stared at the black and red haired boy for a second "escapade?"

Nathan sighed "You're pretty dense are you?"

"Hey! I'm not dense!!" I yelled as  I puffed out my cheeks, Nathan just rolled his eyes and looked at Misaki and Yamato "So can I join?"

"Hey! I'm part of this group too!" I exclaimed sourly.

Misaki giggled "Sure~ you can join!"

"Cool," Nathan said as he started walking "Lets go then"

All of us looked at each other "Go where?"

"The next city, dumb ass'"

I growled "Who made you leader?!"

"I did~" he smirked and started walking again

Misaki and Yamato laughed "Looks like we are gonna have a rivalry on our hands~" Yamato said as Misaki nodded as they both started walking after Nathan.

"W-Wait for me!" I yelled running to catch up to them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we were walking through the forest to the next city I kept looking over my shoulders. That dream really freaked me out, I can't imagine what those eyes could have even started to be... I can honestly say that for once i'm scared... 

So this is that feeling... Fear.

I can't remember the last time I was scared of something...

this is weird... 

Nathan looked back at me "Whats wrong with her?"

"She had a nightmare last night," Misaki explained "It was pretty horrifying just by how she explained it to me."

Yamato patted my head "Don't worry Melody, my grimer can handle anything that's scary!"

"Yamato your Grimer is scary to begin with" Misaki said as I laughed.

"True enough, but that's why he can handle the scary stuff!"

"Well we are almost there, why don't we set up camp right here?" Nathan said as he put his backpack down.

Everyone else nodded as they started setting up camp.

~~~~~~~~~~Night Time~~~~~~~~~~

I looked around, I was in the same forest. This time the forest seemed darker though, more ominous...

I heard the leaves rustle in the wind and felt the slightest breeze, I started walking, trying to find where my friends went. 

"Hello!! Guys?! Where are y'all?!" I called out, looking around. I couldn't see anything though, it was so dark..

"They're not here Melody" The voice of Cyrus called out. I gasped and just tarted running this time.

"You can't escape your fate.." I heard him call out as I continued running but stopped shortly afterwards in front of those huge red, glowing eyes. I felt my whole body freeze.

"You can't hide forever, you will return to us." Cyrus said as he walked up behind me "You are a weapon of Team Galactic, you can't hide it forever." He said, placing a hand on my head.

"No..." I said horrifyingly as I tried to look for a way out. I heard the red eyes start to growl and suddenly let out a loud roar.

I screamed.