One: The Towering Asshole

~I used to think maybe you love me. Now baby I'm suuuuure~

This is such a good day.

~Doooh! Doo-doo-doo-root-root- Doo-roo-room!~

I took my phone from my bag and read the text message I just got. Hmm...my friend's a bit worried that I might not catch her in time.

"I'm...on...my... w-a-y" I typed as I prepared to cross the street.

"Hey gorgeous" a dude winked and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Not interested" I said and browsed through my playlist for another song.

"Can I buy you a drink?" another dude asked as I passed by.

"Not today" I shook my head and looked around to find the building where my friend works.

I felt a teeny tiny droplet of rain touch my skin and I looked up.

Hmm...seems like I'll have more time before the rain starts. I thought as I prepared myself to cross the road again.

I was about to cross the road when someone stepped at the back of my shoe and I was thrown off-balance which made me fall on my bum. I saw someone's hand appear from my left side but my good mojo was already shut off.

I grumpily sighed and stood up on my own.

"Asshole" I hissed without looking at the culprit.

"Excuse me?" All I heard was his voice because I've decided that he doesn't deserve to bask in the glory of my pretty eyes.

"You deserve it!" I yelled as I crossed the road.

I reached the back of my doll shoe to straighten it. I smiled at the guard who smiled back at me while I walked inside the building.

My friend, Audrey, was already standing in front of me before I even got the chance to walk near her.

"Hi" I awkwardly smiled because she's glaring at me.

"You're late! He's gone" she planted her hands on her waist.

"Who's gone?" I asked and she rolled her eyes before grunting.

"My boss' boss—he already left. Do you know that he waited for you for two minutes more?"

Wow, as far as I'm concerned, he could've waited for a few minutes more.

"George!" she called my attention and I blinked.

"Yeah" I smiled.

"You weren't listening!" she groaned. "How the hell am I going to introduce you now? I referred you to him and he was waiting so he can personally meet you."

Okay so here's the deal. Two days ago, I received a call from Audrey telling me that there's a current position open at the company she's working for. She said that she got the chance to email her boss that she knows someone who could be of good help and is qualified for the job. I—being jobless for a month because I just graduated three months ago—said 'Hell yeah!' to grab opportunity.

So her boss set up a date to meet me. And apparently, he seems like he doesn't like waiting.

"This is embarrassing" she bit her thumb before answering her phone.
"Yes sir?" she answered.

That must be her impatient boss. Sucks to be his secretary—who apparently is my friend.

"At your—yes sir. I'll tell her. Thank you" she finally smiled as she ended the call.