Best Bros For Life

Start from the beginning

"Frank, I am here for you." I tell him boldly.

"Why are you saying it again?"

"Because," I glance down at him.

"I mean it."

The blood is getting stickier and darker by the minute as we stare at eachother in silence. Both me and Frank have blood on our faces. Frank has blood spots on his nose, lips, forehead, and specs on his hair.

Frank doesn't say anything.

He tightens his grip on me and gets as close as he can get to me, our bodies connected.

I smile into the hug, as I know it is easing him and his thoughts.

He needs to know I am here for him.

"We have to get moving." I simply say, but don't actually move.

"Oh shit, we do." His eyes widen and he immediately detaches himself from me.

The warmth and comfort is gone.

I don't like it.

"What are we going to do with the body..?" I ask him, clearing my throat loudly.

"I am NOT going to leave him here to rot and decay. We are burying him." Frank sternly tells me as he points at the body.

I take a while to look and admire Ray.

His grey shirt is all bloody, it basically looks like it was red.

His head is basically like a popped ballon, destroyed. But overall l, he looks peaceful. Peaceful. Like he enjoyed it. Like he wanted to d-

"Well I am not going to stand here all day Gerard." Frank yanks me back to reality. I see him moving towards Ray, pulling me with him.

I just follow suit, wondering where we should burry him.

Frank stops and bends down on his knees, looking at his dead best friend.

He looks at his hands and then back at him.

I hear weeping, and notice that it's Frank.

He is crying again.

I bow my head down, paying my respect to Ray.

"R-Ray... *sniffs* I am so sorry.. I t-tried to help.." Frank cries to the dead man, whole body shaking.

"B-but Gerard stopped me.." He turns to look at me, pain in his eyes.

I suddenly feel guilty.

But I wouldn't just stand there and let him die like that.

I wanted him alive.

"Honestly.." Frank turns back to Ray, "I-If Gerard wasn't here.. I would've jumped and saved you.. I would be dead.. Not y-y-you.." He starts to sob again, gripping onto Ray's blood soaked shirt.

Frank would be dead if I wasn't here.

But Frank told me that he was already dead.

Frank died with him.

Frank IS dead.

"I love you Ray... Say hi to Grandpa for me okay.?" He sniffs and chuckles a little.

"I will do it for you. I promise.." I see Frank carefully lift Ray's arm and grab his hand. He takes his pinky and wraps it around his, making it seem like a pinky promise.

"Best Bros for life Ray." He sniffs and kisses their bloody pinkies.

I suddenly get emotional at the scene and start to cry silently, wiping some tears with my dirty sweatshirt.

It must be tough for him, to see his best friend dead, die in front of him.

Frank lets go of his hand and wipes his tears away, turning to face me.

I look at him with tears staining my face.

He smiles warmly, noticing that I have been crying.

I nod at him, wiping another tear away.

We both silently go towards the body, and lift him up.

Both of Ray's arms are wrapped and supported by our shoulders, basically one is on Franks left shoulder and one is on my right shoulder.

I grab his lower back with my both arms as Frank has his legs.

We walk behind buildings, going towards the woods that I suggested when we were lifting him up.

We silently walk away, leaving the murder scene.