Chapter Nine : Sara VS Adam

- Sara's P.O.V -

There's no stopping him..is there...?
He's going to kill Vath if I don't stop him..and even though I hate him..but love him..I can't let Vath die. If I did...Drakath would be mad at me...

I sighed.

Adam's going to kill Vath if I don't get to him first. The way Vath cried that day, the way he broke down...I can't let that happen again. It's my job as his right hand.

I took a deep breath and jumped out the window of my bedroom. heading to the volcano, Stalagbite's old home.
I don't know when all these thoughts started rushing through my head when I found Adam himself revealed to be alive and breathing once more.

I finally had made it up to the volcano. The height actually wasn't the bad thing, it was just the boiling hot lava that surrounded the entire area. Ugh.. Just one little SLIP, and you'd tumble to your death and be burnt alive to a crisp.

When I was about to take another step closer, I heard someone approaching the area. I turned around.
Adam was there, his ginger hair, drow skin and orange eyes looking just the same as ever.

He was staring at me in fear, his eyes ripped open. "So.." I began to speak. "Vath's not here...so we can go at each others throats, if you wish for it, of course." I clicked my fingers and my scythe appeared in my hand along with a cloud of purple smoke.

***************
Please begin song in media NOW for full affect!
***************
Adam nodded, picking up his sword. "Sara...remember...you can change.."
I looked at him with curiosity, my lilac pigtails flowing in the wind. "What makes you think...that I....can..change?" I asked him.

Adam let out a smile. "Long ago, I've always been told that even the worst people can change for the better. So...it's not too late." He reached out a hand to me. "You can still change, and come back home with me."

  I faced him and got myself into a ready position. "Ha...you wish." I chuckled. "I've gone too far in this zone of death. There's no way out for me." I kept a strong grip on my scythe, a sadistic grin gracing my features.

Adam let out a sigh, as he pulled his sword out of his armour and did a ready stance. "You ready?" He asked. I nodded, smirking.

"HERE I COME!" I screamed, charging at him with full force. He immediately grabbed his sword to fight against the force that my weapon was giving off, I struck again, and again, and again. We kept on getting equal blows.

This sounded crazy, but with each hit, Adam started to lose patience with me, and by every blow we were trying to end each others lives as fast as we could. The sweat stuck to our backs and necks, however we still kept on fighting in this catalyst of hatred.

It was like our memories we had were erased from our minds. We only thought of eachother as enemies, with each blow, trying to kill each other.
I fired blasts of chaos energy, inflicting debuffs and poison on Adam, while he burnt and froze me with his magic.

With each hit, the other person got weaker and weaker. We fought, and fought, and fought. It's funny, isn't it? The first person I loved so much in my life was right here in front of me. I could jump into their arms and cry, but instead I was fighting them to the death.

My patience grew thin, as I screamed and slammed him into a rocky wall. The blood trickled down his fore head, to his eyebrows..to his eyes..past his nose. The blood continued to fall, yet he still remained unconscious.

I started to manipulate my chaos powers and then made an absolutely huge black hand burst out of the ground. Adam woke up, and gasped when he saw the hand underneath my control.

He screamed, and ran. He ran down the volcano, past the mountain, and then was about to leave.

I won't LET you!

I forced the dragon, Stalagbite, to run after Adam. When Adam looked back, he saw Stalagbite charge after him like a bull. Stalagbite roared while Adam yelled, desperately trying to slash through the dragon.

"Coward..." I chuckled, watching from the cliff. I told Stalagbite to carry him up here, to the top of the mountain where I was sitting. Adam gave a weak look of defeat at me, and fell to the ground.

"Why don't you just give up?" I questioned him. "There's nothing for you to live for anymore." I laughed, grabbing my scythe. "And now..it's time to finish my job..once and for all.."

As soon as I swung down my scythe, he stopped it again, but this time, it was with his sword. "Y..you've gotta be kidding me! N..not THIS again!" I growled, trying to get off his swords grip.

Adam smiled, and then rolled over. Then, he enclosed me in a ring of fire.
I gripped my fists. Dammit! I fell right into his trap!

"Don't move, Sara." Adam spoke. "If you move, you'll be burned to a crisp." A small ball of fire opened up in between his hands.

"Why don't you just kill me now, coward?" I asked him. "Or, are you too SCARED?!"

He shook his head. "No." The fire ball got larger.
"N..no...? W- why not?" I asked him.

Adam lifted his head.

"Because...

I believe even the most terrible people like you, people who have been forced against their will for chaos, those people...

They can change...if they really want to.."

Why...?

Why do you want to save me so bad..?