PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

Jade laid down on the fluffy bed beside her brother.

She was the Jade Emson. Her parents we're happily married - her father being a real -estate agent and her mother a doctor. Her brother cared for her along with her parents.

Together, they were the happiest family in the world, living in a big house.

What more could she ask for? Her life was perfect, or so she thought.

That midnight, everything changed. Dad came home and called the twins both downstairs.

He told them he and their mother got divorced.

To say they were shocked would be an understatement.

Their father laughed like it was nothing. He told them that she said she was tired of the twins.

He told them it was their fault their mother left.

That midnight, everything changed. That midnight, he beat them.

Jade looked over at her brother's bruised up body. His mouth was bleeding and he had a black eye and scars over his body. He looked dead.

Their father had left for work this morning, after he gave them a good beating. With her sprained ankle, Jade limped over to Thomas.

Lucky for them, they were already in the bedroom. She put Thomas' hand over her should and with all the strength she had left, carried him to the bathroom. With every movement, he would groan.

She dressed his cuts and put him in bed.

Later, lunch time, Thomas woke up to the sound of his sister crying and his father's laughing.

"That's what you get. No one told you to help him. He could have died, for all I care." Was their father's last words before he left, probably to get drunk.

The crying was coming for the master bedroom. He walked over to the door. The crying stopped.

Thomas tried to open the door, but it was locked.

"Jade?" He called. "Jade! Answer me!"

"Shit," he cursed when there was no answer. How could he- Thomas remembered the hair pins Jade would always put in his hair and how he would always tell her that hairpins weren't for guys.

He still wore them to make her happy, but he never once thought it would come in handy.

He took the hairpin out of his hair and tried to unlock the door. 'Dammit' he thought. 'How do girls do this?'

After some more failures, the door had finally opened. He rushed in but stopped abruptly. There, unconscious on the bed, was Jade.

Her body was beaten to she extent that she was knocked out. Her hands and legs were tied apart and blood was oozing out of her privates.