“I’m going to infer that you’ve said that a couple times before.” He smirks.

            “I am in charge of incoming patients, so yes, I have said that quite a few times.” The nurse almost smiled.

            “Okay.” John shrugged, then opened up the door before quickly shutting it behind him. He looked around the room, filtered sunlight coming from a window on the opposite side. He glared at the light, and promptly shut his blinds so the room was almost completely dark. Ah, much better. John waited until his eyes adjusted, then walked over to his dresser and felt for his clothes, pulling out a pair of while light grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt. He quickly changed, throwing his old clothes randomly on the floor before turning around and opening the door, not surprised at all to find the orderly almost pressing her ear against the door. At least this one had the decency to blush.

            “Are you ready?” She asked crisply, composing herself.

            “No, but seeing as though I don’t have a choice, lead the way.” He smirked sardonically, holding his hand out in a mocking fashion.

            “Follow me Mr. Watson.” She glared, and turned on her heel and striding down the hall. John followed he, habitually falling into a military step. He squeezed his eyes to try and fight the images from invading his mind. He was in a hospital. In London. The sound of gunfire was only in his head…

            “Mr. Watson are you having an episode?” The orderly asked, her hand reaching for her pager on her belt.

            “I’m…” John took a deep breath to calm himself. “Okay.” He finished after a long pause. The she glanced at him warily, but turned around and finished leading him down the hallway.

            “Here you go.” She stated, opening the door for him and letting him walk through alone. Once the door shut behind him with a loud thud, John felt every pair of eyes turn his way, and the chattering in the room died down considerably. John straightened his back and walked briskly towards the line. He was a soldier goddammit, he could handle the eyes on him. Then why do they make you feel to nervous? A small voice mocked inside of him. One hell of a soldier you are. John blocked out the voice and robotically got his lunch and sat down at an empty table. He stared at his sandwich for a good 10 minutes before he heard someone sit down across from him.

            “Hello.” A small voice said, and he glanced up to see a brown haired girl staring at him with kindness. She was also tapping her fingers repeatedly on the table.

            “Good afternoon.” John replied, looking at her curiously. Why would she want to sit with him?

            “I’m Molly Hooper.” She whispered, holding her hand out limply. Hesitantly, John took it firmly in his before letting it drop. They sat in an awkward silence for a minute, Molly fidgeting the entire time.

            “I’m sorry.” She blurted out quickly, startling John. “This is extremely awkward but you looked lonely and I’m a horrible person for coming over and talking I’m so sorry I’ll just go now.” Molly almost shot up from the table when a large tan hand rested on her shoulder, relaxing her immediately.

            “Relax.” The man whispered, before sitting down on her left and holding out his hand to John. “Greg Lestrade.” He introduced himself.

            “John Watson.” He replied, surprised at the firmness of the handshake.

            “So, what’s got you locked up with the rest of us?” Greg asked bluntly, a small teasing smile across his face.