Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"... and then she said, 'You're pregnant,' and I fainted."

Niall looked at me like I was crazy. His eyes were wide and he had an expression of confusion plastered on his face.

"So, let me get this straight, you're pregnant but you can't figure out if the father's Harry or Zayn?" he asked.

I nodded and looked down, ashamed.

"Lou this is bad. Like really, really bad," Niall said sounding panicked.

"You think I don't know that? If anyone finds out, I'll be known as the school slut for the rest of my high school career," I said and groaned in frustration.

"Maybe you should at least tell Harry," Niall suggested.

"I can't. He'll break up with me and then I'll lose all my popularity before the school election," I said and shuddered at my own words.

"Wow Louis, you just sounded like a narcissistic bitch," Niall commented, truthfully.

"I know but it's the truth."

Niall nodded and continued speaking.

"Is there any way you can find out who the baby daddy is?"

I thought for a second then remembered the test I took.

"Yeah, they let me take a DNA test before I left the doctors. They said it's really risky and can cause a miscarriage but I deemed it necessary and took it," I answered.

"When will you get the results back?" he asked.

"In about two weeks," I said.

"You really should tell him and Zayn too. Harry needs to know that you cheated on him and Zayn should know if he's going to be a parent," Niall said.

"I know Niall but can you keep it quiet until after the election. I really need to win if I'm going to get into a good university. God knows I'm short on any extracurricular sports or arts and this election means everything. Please Niall," I was practically begging by now.

"Yeah I'll stay quiet but after the election, you better spill," Niall warned me sternly.

"I will," I said.

For some reason I thought I saw a flash in the corner of my eye. Something like a camera flash but the bell rung right after it so I let it slide. Niall and I got up and headed to lunch with our promise kept secret. We walked all the way to the cafeteria without saying so much as one word to each other. I plopped down with my book and Niall sat across from me. A few minutes later, I felt a strong arm wrap around my waist and soft lips plant a kiss on my temple. I looked up and saw Harry's sparkling green eyes and perfect white teeth smiling at me. I gave a forced smile back and he furrowed his eyes in confusion.

"Hey boys," Liam's deep voice spoke from above me.

I was very grateful for the distraction. I looked up and saw Liam sitting next to Niall but he wasn't alone. Zayn sat next to him and smiled a perfect smile in my direction. I tried to smile back but I failed miserably.

"Hey Li, getting ready for the game on Friday?" Harry asked and laughed.

"Yeah mate. Zayn and I have been practicing all week. I think we'll be able to help out lots more next game," Liam said.

"Yeah, we're getting real good H. We might give you a run for your money," Zayn said and smirked at me.

I gritted my teeth together until Harry said something.

"What's wrong babe? You alright?" he asked with worry in his voice.

"I'm fine," I gritted out.

"You don't look fine. You look a little pale," he said.

I shook my head and took half his sandwich like I usually do. He smiled and kissed me again. I saw Zayn frown when I looked back up and I smiled in delight.

"I'm just hungry," I said and he dropped the topic.

All the boys conversed over football, movies, and any other stuff boys like to talk about. They playfully shoved each other and laughed like fools. I enjoyed sitting with other people at lunch but I preferred to sit by myself. It's so much more peaceful with just me and a book. I told myself to just stick it out for lunch because next period was English and I could read through the whole class if I want to. Harry, Liam, and Niall all conversed like usual but Zayn kept giving me these weird looks. A smirk here, and a wink there every two minutes was starting to aggravate me. I rolled my eyes at his stupid antics but secretly enjoyed his attention. Zayn got me riled up for a reason I couldn't put my finger on. I pushed the thoughts to the back of my mind when I heard the principal come on the overhead speaker.

"Attention students interested in running for sophomore and junior class president: candidates' speeches will begin exactly two weeks from today. Anyone running must report to the office by the end of the day to fill out a sheet of entry. If you don't turn in a sheet, you can't run. Please go to the office before 3:30 today and sign yourself up. Enjoy the rest of today students," the principal finished before the intercom abruptly shut off.

"So Lou, are you running again?" Liam asked.

I nodded and shot a genuine smile towards him.

"Louis won president last year and I know he's going to win again," Harry said and pecked my lips.

Zayn rolled his eyes and I giggled a little.

"I hope you win Louis. We'll all definitely vote for you," Li said, gesturing to Niall and Zayn.

"Thanks guys," I said and started looking around the cafeteria for the other candidates I knew would be running.

My eyes landed on the cheerleading captain, Chelsea. She was sitting at a table with five other cheerleaders and she was laughing along to what one of them said. She suddenly looked up and her eyes met mine. I tried to give of a friendly smile, even though I hate the bitch. I managed a small grin but all she gave me in return was a sly smirk. She looked at me evilly for a second before getting up and exiting the café.

What the hell was that?