Confrontation

I woke up wrapped up in Sebastian's arms. I glance towards the windows where only the moonlight bites through the bitter darkness of night. I carefully unraveled myself from him, uncertain whether or not to wake him up.

   I studied his soft facial features. He looked so delicate and innocent in his slumber, part of me didn't want to disturb him but the nagging memory of what replayed in my mind encouraged me to confront him about it.

   Finally, gathering all the courage and will within me, I shook Sebastian awake. He fluttered his eyes open, trying to focus on the real world.

   He sluggishly stretched his arms up and then slowly and sweetly smiled at me, that gorgeous smile of his. "Hey beautiful," he says, I feel my heart jump as I remember how happy he made me. I watch him, observing the way his current smile is small but yet so heartwarming.

   I inhale before I try to sprout the words that have been on my mind for too long.

   It was about time.

   "Sebastian..." I hesitate, doubting myself once more.

   "Sebastian, I saw you kiss the girl at the party."

   His sugar smile slowly evolves into a frown. I see him freeze but his engaging brown eyes searching for answers, analyzing me.

   I feel a lump in my throat but I try to swallow and speak again.

   "Did you think I wouldn't find out? At least I didn't have to hear it from someone else. Oh, I had the pleasure of of seeing it first hand!"

   I see the shock and horror register on his face. I can't help but let out a scoff.

   "You're my boyfriend Sebastian! Wait, let me correct that, you were my boyfriend. I loved you so much, I gave my heart to you and I trusted you more than anyone in the world! Do you know how it feels to watch the person you love, flirt and kiss someone else that's not you? Do you know how it feels to have your heart torn and to feel so hurt, betrayed, and lost?!"

   He watches me, silent, not even trying to defend himself. I laugh humorlessly, but the tears that developed at the rim of my eyes were dangerously close to falling.

   "I was such a fool to believe that you were different... that there was the smallest chance of you being like so many other guys out there. I believed in us! I guess I know now,"

   I feel the tears gently fall down my cheeks but I had no will to wipe them away.

   "That you and I were never a good idea. All you are anymore is a cheater, once a cheater, always a cheater. If you were wondering, no, I'm not giving you a second chance to break my heart again. This is it, goodbye Sebastian."

   I get up and turn, the image of Sebastian's quiet frame never escaping my thoughts. I'm split between whether him being speechless was a positive or negative. I know somewhere within me would've gone back to him if only he said he still cared about me as foolish as it may seem.  

   I open the door and the chill of the night welcomes me. As if the chills set off an alarm within me,I let out the sobs that I had held back when in the presence of my now ex-boyfriend.