✧ Intrigued ✧

A/N: All you need to know is that they're older, even more bold, and a little less innocent. Enjoy :)

-

Riley couldn't look away from the sight before her. He sat on the opposite end of the bar, the beer he'd been drinking for the past half hour never leaving the grasp of his hand. Every so often, they'd catch each other staring at the other one. She's entranced every time her eyes meet his emerald ones. His hair is effortlessly perfect, and the first few bottoms on his white dress shirt were undone. He knew this type of look was enough to drive the brunette crazy.

After making eye contact with him for what felt like the hundredth time, Riley ditched her own drink, hopped off the stool she had been sitting on, and left the club.

She walked outside, a cool breeze bringing shivers down her spine. Riley sauntered over towards the side of the building, where the vacant streets now stood on the other side of a chain-linked fence. She stopped in her tracks as she heard the other pair of footsteps behind her. Riley didn't even have to turn around to know who it was.

"You're following me." She spoke, turning her head to the side, but not enough where he was in her line of vision.

"I'm aware." He said calmly into her ear, his voice low.

"I'm surprised you haven't moved on yet. Especially since our last encounter a week ago."

The conversation was brief, yet intimate. He had offered to pay for her drink, and she let him. Riley didn't mind of course. He was an insanely attractive guy paying for her beverage. However, any thoughts regarding him had quickly vanished later that night after spotting him with a blonde, flashing her a dazzling smile.

"She wasn't my type." He knew exactly who she was referring to. Riley finally turned around so she was facing him. He was a lot closer than she had expected, only inches of space between them, and though he towered over her, Riley didn't back away, nor did she want to.

"I find that hard to believe. You were all over her." She snapped.

"Please, she was just someone to talk to. Besides, I'm more into brunettes." He smirked as he twirled a piece of her hair with his index finger.

"Didn't you come here with someone?" She asked.

"I did. But I ditched her back at the club." Riley shook her head in disbelief. "Why do you do that?" His behavior appalled her sometimes. If you're not going to stick to your date, why bother showing up with one in the first place?

"You know why. I can't get you out of my head. I've tried, so damn hard. But I couldn't help myself after seeing you tonight." He stepped even closer to her, his hands shoved into his pants pockets. Riley wanted to believe him, but they've only talked once. And he's a womanizer according to all the rumors.

"Well you obviously thought we'd see each other in the future. I still have this." Riley said as she fished out a small index card from the pocket of her jacket. Holding it between her middle and index finger, she read aloud what it said in scrawny hand writing. "Lucas Friar." Riley glanced up at him to see a smirk plastered on his face. "And what I would assume is your phone number, correct?" He shrugged in confirmation. Like it was no big deal.

"I wasn't going to call." She mumbled. It wasn't safe getting tangled up with people like him.

"I didn't expect you to." He stated.

"So what do you want from me then?" Lucas plucked the card from her hand and casually tossed it over his shoulder, letting it float to the ground. He smirked and Riley released a small gasp as he grabbed her wrist and yanked her towards him, her body now pressed against his, as he tilted his head down so his eyes were staring into hers. "Come dance with me." He said simply. Riley was about to protest, until she heard the door to the club open.