He nodded again. "Right. Well, once you're finished, you can go to the kitchens and fetch my dinner," he told me. "And yours as well, of course."

"Yes, my lord," she said.

He left soon afterwards, and she went into her bedroom, not at all nervous about the completely open entranceway. There wasn't a door, but she didn't care. If he did anything she didn't like, she could hurt him like he never had before.

Seline looked through her wardrobe to see trousers and shirts, as well as skirts and dresses. All of them were red and black, or green and gold. She couldn't choose. Being a vampire, she was automatically drawn to the darkness, but she did like the green and gold. She could understand why Loki liked the two colours so much.

Her entire outfit was black, except for the shirt. She put on a golden long-sleeved one that was loose on her, which she liked.

She walked out of her room, going too quickly for Loki to even notice. She went to the double doors, walking out before heading down the hallway. She asked another servant where the kitchen was, then sped her way there and was on the other side of the palace in less than three seconds. She walked around the corner, fixing her now disheveled hair and going into the kitchen.

One of the cooks glanced up at her, then at her clothes, and it was if he could tell exactly who she worked for just because of what she wore. He gestured over to a large tray on the table. "That's Prince Loki's meal, miss..." He trailed off, waiting for her name.

"Seline," she said, smiling softly at him.

He nodded once, returning the smile. "I hope you'll like it here, Seline."

She sighed, sending him a soft and unassured look. "I hope so too."

As she carried the tray outside the kitchen and then sped to Loki's chambers, she only had one thought on her mind: she needed to find a way to go home, and quickly.

She would starve soon. She would eventually lash out and kill all that was in her path until she couldn't drink anymore. She couldn't compel the Asgardians to forget anything, they were immune. She had tried it with the guards and failed. So her only option was to either starve herself or feed and try not to kill. At that point, she would knew it was too late. She could kill someone, wait until she was about of Asgard, or die.

She opened the door and went inside, shutting it behind her with her foot and walking over to one of the tables by the wall. She set the tray down and put some of the food onto a plate, then took it over to where he was sitting.

Loki was sitting in a chair and reading a book. A table was beside him, which was where a place setting was laid out. However, he was completely enamoured in the words on the page and didn't hear her come in. He didn't look up from the book, not once.

That is, until Seline walked up to him.

She set the plate down in front of him, then glanced at the book. The corners of her lips twitched upwards when she saw what he was reading, and Loki realized that he hadn't seen her smile until then.

She walked back to the tray and began to pour some wine into a glass, the look on her face still lingering.

"What are you thinking of that makes you smile so?" he asked.

She looked at him, the smile fading. Then she spoke, biting her lip before doing so. "Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

He could only grin at her, but it faded as quickly as hers did. The only person that he knew who enjoyed literature as much as he did was his mother, and she was gone.

Now, Seline, one of the most perplexing creatures he had ever encountered, had just quoted Hamlet as perfectly as she would if she had written the play herself.

"You enjoy Shakespeare?" he asked.

She nodded, taking the glass and bringing it over to him. "Yes, my lord. I always have," she said, setting it down in front of him, and he put the book down.

"Literature. It was one of the things I truly enjoyed about Midgardian culture," he stated.

They stayed in silence for a while, and he ate while she stood by the table at the wall with her hands clasped together.

Loki was surprised with how she was acting. She almost seemed like the perfect servant, as if she had done this a million times before. Perhaps she had. Yet another secret she could be hiding from him.

"Seline, you are welcome to go to the kitchens and get your own meal," he said. He was never this kind to his servants, but with her, it was... Different. Strangely different.

"I don't need it," she said.

"What?" he asked, furrowing his brow. He set down the knife and fork and turned to look at her. "You don't want any dinner?"

She seemed nervous. "I don't need it, my lord."

"Are you feeling ill?" he asked.

"A little," she said, hoping he would accept her excuse.

"You should rest."

"I cannot do so until you do, my lord," she said.

He narrowed his eyes a little. "Your duty is to obey my every command, yes?"

She nodded, swallowing. "Correct."

He stood up, finished with his meal. He took the plate and utensils and put it on the tray, standing very close to her when doing so.

"Then I command you to take this to the kitchens, eat something or at least have some water. You may not feel like it, but you look drained of energy. You may go to sleep when you return, if you wish."

"Why do you care?" she asked. "You are a Prince, it shouldn't matter if your servant seems tired."

He stayed quiet for a moment. "It doesn't matter," he said, then went back to the table and continued to read his book.

She watched him silently for a few seconds, unsure of what to say to him. So she said nothing and picked up the tray, walking to the door, completely unaware of his eyes watching her every move as she did.