Alice, can I talk to you?

I sighed, laying on my bed. The door opened and he walked in. He looked annoyed and sat by the desk.

"Bella, I-"

"Edward, stop. How could you scream at me like that? I'm just as worried as the rest of you! I never thought this could happen! Screaming at me like that only makes things worse, Edward. I understand you're concerned, but talk to me and tell me what you're thinking."

He shook his head, looking at me.

"I can't lose you, Bella. I can't."

Well, he wasn't going to.

"You won't Edward."

He started getting worked up, and I could see he wasn't going to change. I shook my head, looking at him.

"Edward, if you're not going to listen to me, just leave."

He shook his head, and walked out slamming the door. I couldn't believe he was acting this way! The door opened and I thought he was coming back to argue.

"Edward, if you want to argue, just leave."

"Bella, it's me."

I turned around to see Alice, looking concerned. She walked over to the bed, sitting next to me.

"Sorry, I thought-"

"That I was my brother. What happened?"

I looked down at my hands, thinking. I understand he's afraid. But, I am to.

"Did your hear what Carlisle said? Stupid question, of course you did. We had an argument. He said something about not wanting to live without me, and well................ It's like my feelings about this don't matter. I'm just as scared as him. I just don't know what to do about him, Alice?"

She grabbed my hand, and looked at me.

"He's worried about you, Bella. We all are. None of us ever thought this was possible. But, he should listen to you. Of course you're scared, he should see that. I know I can. Talk to him, Bella. He loves you, he's scared that he's going to lose you."

"I tried, pixie. He keeps saying that he won't live without me."

Alice ran her hand through her hair, thinking. I squeezed her hand, watching her.

"OK, lets try this: what do you want to do about the way he is acting?"

"Other than strangle him?"

That made her laugh.

"Leave that to me. But, seriously, what do you want to do about the way he is treating you?"

I shook my head, thinking. If he kept this up, I didn't think I could put up with it. I knew Alice could see what I was going to say, but she knew I needed to actually talk about it.

"I don't think I can take much more of this, Alice. I really don't."

She nodded, looking away. I didn't know what I wanted but I knew I couldn't listen to Edward scream and shout for much longer.

"You two need to talk to each other."

I nodded, watching her.

"I know. I'll talk to him later. How are you and Jasper?"

She shrugged, and I knew something was wrong.

"Alice, why do I get the feeling that something's wrong?"

"Bella, don't worry about it. Things are just a little difficult at the minute. He can't be around you much, and it's bothering him."

I nodded, he couldn't be around much since they'd figured out what I needed and I knew it bothered him.

"It's not his fault. I wish he could be around more, but he can't. But, there's more to this. You can't hide anything from me, pixie."

Alice shook her head.

"Bella, it's nothing. Are you feeling OK?"

I nodded, seeing that she was trying to change the subject.

"I'm fine, and you're not going to get out of this. What's wrong, Alice?"

"You're not going to give up, are you?"

I just looked at her. She knew me better than that.

"Alice, you know me better than that. Something is bothering me and I want to know what."

Someone knocked on the door, and Alice looked at me.

"That's Edward. I'll talk to you later."

She walked out, as he walked in. He sat on the bed, and I knew he was going to bring it up.

"Bella, I'm sorry for the way I reacted. I'm scared of losing you. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Edward, you won't. Everything will be OK."

He shook his head, and I sighed.

"Bella, don't say that. It's not going to be OK. This is not going to be OK, it's not. And I don't know what to do."

"Talking to me instead of screaming at me might help. Edward, I'm just as scared as you."

He just looked at me, and I could see that he wasn't going to listen to me. I couldn't stay with him, if he was going to treat me this. I know everything is one big mess, but I can't let him treat me this way.

"Bella, you don't understand. I won't live without you-"

"Edward................. You know what? I can't take this anymore."

He seemed to understand what I meant and he got angry.

"Bella, no. Please, I'm scared about what's going to happen to you. Alice can't see anything about you anymore, and I don't know what's going to happen."

"I'm scared to, Edward! I know she can't see anything, but that's not her fault! No one knows what's going to happen, but they aren't screaming at the person they're supposed to love."

And what happened? A screaming match started.

"Edward! Stop, this isn't working. I can't take this anymore."

He stood up, and looked at me.

"I'm sorry, Bella. I don't know what's happening and it's scaring me."

"I know, Edward. I'm scared to. But, this obviously isn't going to work. I-"

"No, Bella, it will work. We just have to listen to each other."

Oh no, he wanted me to agree with everything he was saying.

"Oh no. I'm not going to believe everything you do. I know what I want, and I'm not going to change what I believe for someone else. If you can't accept that, then something will have to change."

He shook his head, not listening. This wouldn't break us up..................... Would it?