Part 3

Oh god what was I doing. God what was I doing. What made me so enchanted with his every word? He played me like a fiddle. He knows everything about me, my family, my likes, and my dislikes. The strange part is I find him endearing. I've been treating him for a week now. He seems to be flirting with me. We had one encounter sometime this week where his charming ways were obvious.

''How did these get in my office?'' I said holding a vase of flowers outside of his cell

''I put them there for you. Roses, your favorite.'' He said with a charming grin

''I think the guard would be very interested to know you were out of your cell.'' I said folding my arms

''If you were going to tell them you would have already done it.'' He said chuckling a little

'' Get out of your cell again and I'll get the guards.'' I said walking away

'' A thank you would suffice.''

I can't get him out of my head. He's driving me insane. On one hand he's so thoughtful and endearing. But on the other hand he's a maniac murderer who's killed thousands. But when you get past the exterior and his past all you see is a wounded child who just wants love. From my research the Joker has a fixed mindset of a child who wants attention and fun memories. The Batman is equivalent to the Jokers real life father who puts him down and kills his imagination. Batman is the villain squishing his feelings into oblivion. Harleen what are you saying he's a killer. He's evil. He thinks only thinks of anyone but he............and I guess me. I guess the flowers were nice. He tries to get to know me for who I really am. He wants to see who I want to be as a person. I think I'm falling for this man. Keep it together Harley; your sanity is slowly fading. I think I need to take the night off to get my mind off of him. I call in sick for work and decide to take a me day.

''What should I watch on TV to get my mind of you know who.'' I say to myself

Sanity: 80%

I flick on the TV and as I'm channel surfing I stop on the news channel.

'' Breaking News, Joker escapes Asylum.'' says the worried news reporter

Oh god. Sanity: 75%

'' The Joker escaped the Asylum last night at midnight. Sources say he's planning to crash the Mayor Quincy Sharp's art gala tonight. We've got cops on the scene tonight guarding the entrance when the gala starts. Sources also say Batman will be there just in case things get out of hand. In other news Patient Thomas Elliot has also escaped Arkham Asylum. Families are suggested to lock doors whenever leaving or entering your house, keep watch of your children, and call the police if you notice suspicious activity. That's it for news in the morning, I'm Jack Ryder with Gotham City news.''

Shit I probably should have actually taken care of the patient I was assigned to. Oops. Anyway, the Jokers out of the Asylum! What if he gets hurt? What if Batman gets to him and brutally beats him.

Easy Harley you're fleeting fast. Sanity: 65%.

Shit, Shit, Shit. Calm Harley. Calm Harley. I mean I guess since the Joker isn't at the Asylum I can go get some work done.

I decided to go to work and avoid Joan Leland so she won't chew me out because Thomas Elliot escaped under my care.

''Well Harley, you managed to let your only patient get away what do you have to say or yourself.'' Joan said crossing her arms

She caught me getting powdered out of the vending machine.

'' Dr.Leland, I not a guard I'm a doctor. '' I said with a pinch of hostility in my voice

Sanity: 60%

''The patient was strapped down to his bed and could barely see anything. You couldn't have known anyway, you've been spending time with the Joker and trying to fix him.'' She said with anger in her voice

''I was getting through to him! More than any quack doctor around here has done.'' I said standing from my seat

''He cannot be helped. He's Physcotic! Harley what's stopping me from firing you right now.''

There was silence. It felt like eternity but then.........

''I'll give you one chance but one more screw up and you'll end up like some of the loons in this joint.'' Dr. Leland said

''Yes ma'am. You won't regret this.'' I said stepping out of her office

'' But Harley. I'm assigning you to the Joker. If you can fix him like you say you can, you still have a job. Fail and you will be fired on the spot. I'm giving you by the end of this month.'' She said with a grin

'' But the Joker isn't even here to be treated.'' I said my back turned away from her

''Don't worry my dear he'll be back before you know it.''