Chapter 1

Arianna. What a nice name. It would've been nicer if whoever gave me this name decided to keep me instead of putting me up for adoption. I've been here for forever, and another year has officially passed by, since today is my birthday. I hate birthdays, they only remind me of the fact that today was the day my parents looked at me, saw me, and were somehow so cruel to give me up.
     Even though they're practically the worst, I would still love to meet them one day. I'm 13 years old now, and I  should be old enough to know my history. Who are my parents, and why would they do this to me? My life has been as dull as a grey, flat rock. Everything is the exact same every single day. Until - man, wearing all black came in. Mr. Charles, is his name, he said.
He was strange. He was like no other person I'd seen before. He walks in and talked to Ms. Maria, our "caretaker". "Do you have a girl in her named Arianna? Arianna Sylva. I have been looking for her, I need her. Uh, I mean... I was interested in adopting her." He says, hopeful that Ms. Maria won't notice how suspicious this is. If I had her job, I would've immediately called the cops. Ms. Maria, is rude, she hates me, and gladly shoved me with this man. You think she would at least get some papers signed.
"Arianna, come down here please." Mr. Charles said. Of course, I was a little distant around him. Who wouldn't be? "Ari, I think that it's time for the truth, your past to be revealed." Me first instinct was to say, " Don't call me Ari.". But, when he said he was going to tell me the truth, I didn't care about him calling me Ari. I simply nod my head. I'm definitely ready for some answers.