Chapter 11

(Harry's P.O.V)

"Hey what the fuck is wrong with you? Get out of here!" I pushed the man down into the concrete.

Riker was up against his car. He was very very bloody and beat up.

Suddenly the man started to stand up again. He leaned into me with his fist in my face. This was awfully strange because normally people would run away when I would show them who's boss.

"Might wanna stop right there. I think we'd both know who'd get arrested first." I whispered.

Suddenly he backed away and ran.

--

(Back to Avery's P.O.V)

I was worried when it had been a hour of me home alone. At least I'm pretty sure that's what this feeling is.

Suddenly Harry pulled up. I wondered where Riker was until he stepped out of the passenger side. I noticed he was clumsy and was about to fall over.

The possibilities of why he was so bloody and beaten were endless. I pretended not to care though. There's a lot of things that go on and when it comes to drunken Riker I just don't want to continue the words he said earlier.

"I- I can explain-" Harry was out of breath when he walked up to me.

"It's okay I don't wanna hear it anyway."

Harry jumped onto the hood of his car and I followed. We laid back staring at the stars.

"Tell me what I want to hear." Harry whispered while closing his eyes.

The possibilities were endless. I thought of so many things but only said a little. If Harry knew how little I spoke I wonder if he would tell me as much as he does.

"Riker asked me if I would ever kill myself. I guess I would if I wanted to but, I couldn't really do that."

Harry shot up. His eyes already filling with water.

Suddenly he started to unravel his scarf. I had no idea what he was doing when he slipped off his big jacket. Once the sleeves were off he shook off his gloves.

"They're really old I promise."

I started to cry.

"Oh Avery please don't cry okay. Please don't tell me you'd be able to kill yourself. Please just never ever think like that." Harry said pulling me into a hug.

I almost nodded my head but there's no way I could promise that. I promise so many things that I don't stick to I don't think that's good for my sake.

"I called the suicide hotline before you got here..."

"Shhh.." Harry said pulling me closer.

"I'm- I'm sorry." I sighed still sobbing.

"Don't apologize Avery. You amaze me when you do that. It's okay, alright?" He backed from the embrace and brushed his thumb lightly against my face to rid the tears.

I don't know what happened but suddenly he leaned closer. Full on lips.

I didn't really know anybody cared about me before that night, or necessarily loved me. When we snapped back to real life I paused and grabbed his wrist.

"This doesn't describe you." I re-used my old words of wisdom.

Just when I think things will get better the day is like a slap in the face. Riker stumbles out and raises his hand to cross my face.

His hand hitting harder than anything I've ever felt before.