2. Gold Forever

2. Gold forever

“Sam, take care when you are jumping in the pool. Please don’t run so fast. Sam! … Hex stop encouraging him to do dangerous things” shouted Narmen worriedly as she ran towards the pool after Sam. Sam just laughed happily as he forced his little legs to run faster while Hex cheered him to go quicker.

As soon as he reached the edge of the pool, Sam quickly jumped into the pool with a joy filled laugh. Narmen squealed as she quickly tried to stop before she slipped into the pool, realising for the first time that she was inches away from the pool while she was still wearing her jeans and off shoulder shirt.

Narmen screamed as she tried to walk backward to stop her unwanted skating on the wet slippery floor, causing her to lose balance and fall with a load squeal on her butt harshly.

Her accident was immediately followed by howls of laughter while she just rubbed her slightly bruised love handles with a pained groan, arching her back slightly so she won’t be touching the ground. Her gold eyes just glared at both of her younger cousins that apparently find her agony quite funny.

Hex was laughing so hard, he seemed to be having some trouble breathing as he pointed at her.

“Your expression … was … priceless. You … looked … so horrified” Hex chocked out between forced gulps of breaths. Narmen just glared at him, trying not to smile as she glanced at the cute laughing Sam.

“I am fluttered” Nana said rolling her eyes with stubborn crossed arms, trying to look intimating. Actually she was looking anything but intimating, since as soon as she crossed her arms, her abused butt collided with a thud to the ground followed by a scream and of course lots of laughing once more.

Narmen put her hands on the wet floor trying to hold up her weight as she looked at herself. Her now wet jeans clinged to her uncomfortably and her off shoulder shirt was almost transparent now with all the water soaking it. She chuckled at how she looked like a mess, the chuckle turned to a howl of laughter as tears formed in her eyes. She was just too happy to be having so much fun with her family once more. She knew she will treasure these moments forever.

“Sam, I think Narmen has gone mad” whispered Hex sighing dramatically as he stood in the pool near her, with his arms resting on the edge of the pool, causing Narmen to laugh harder at his awful acting skills. Sam frowned confused as he climbed on Hex’s back in the water, wrapping his small arms around his neck to keep himself over the surface of the water.

“Nana, can you see my hand? Can you see me at all?” Sam shouted frantically as he swung his right arm infront of him smacking Hex in the face, not even brothering to apologize, as he continued his tries to get Narmen to see him. Narmen rolled on the floor howling with laughter as Hex glared at his confused younger brother while rubbing his cheek.

“Going mad means that there is something wrong in her brain not her eyes, stupid” spat Hex angrily. Sam’s confused wide eyes turned to Narmen and then to Hex. He then gasped as something seemed to register in his mind all of a sudden. Hex sighed in relief thinking that Sam finally understood.

“Narmen, is your brain alright? Do you remember me? I am Sam! No you can’t forget me Nana!” shouted Sam with wide horrified eyes that Narmen won’t remember him again. Hex smacked his hand on his face in frustration groaning while Narmen howled harder in laughter, now not even able to fill her lungs with enough oxygen to breathe.

A deep chuckle interrupted Sam’s worried shouts, as Alex watched them, while leaning on the wall lazily. His green eyes shinning in amusement as he stared at his brothers’ stupid actions that made his love laugh so hard.