Wandering over to the edge of the water, I waded in up to my knees, the water warm and inviting.

I sat down slowly then began to wash myself, the heat of the water making me feel as if I were in a bath.

I sighed contently, as I washed, the warmth soothing my aching body.

A little while later I emerged from the ocean, clean and refreshed, then made my way along the beach, letting the sun dry my skin.

I began looking for pebbles, the bigger the better, and pieces of driftwood, in fact I was looking for anything that could be of use to me.

Wandering aimlessly, I thought about the sea gulls, and how they had managed to catch the fish so expertly.

I really wished I had tried harder on my fishing trip with my father, I could have really done with the knowledge now I thought grimly.

Maybe I could make some sort of rod or spear, after all, how hard can it be to fish? People do it all the time.

I began to look round more fervently, picking up pebbles as I went, then every so often took them back to the cave and dropped them outside on the floor.

Once I had gotten enough, I walked to the middle of the beach, and began to display them, forming large letters, each about 6 foot in height.

Standing back to admire my handy-work, I spelt it out loudly.

“S.O.S”. “

"If an aeroplane doesn’t spot that" I spoke to myself, “Then they must be blind.”

Now all I had to do was make a fishing rod or spear.

My stomach growled in agreement, causing me to giggle lightly to myself.

Going over to the edge of the thicket, I searched around underneath the trees, eventually finding two suitable branches.

The first one was long and slightly pointed at one end, Ideal as a spear.

The second being much shorter and considerably wider, about 2inches in diameter, would make a great club for protection.

Happy with my selection, I made my way back towards the cave and sat down, then picking up the sharp stone that was just inside the entrance, I began to shave away at the pointy end of the longest stick.

I thought about how hard must have been thousands of years ago, how everything would have been a great task to complete. I mean look at my home made spear, I had been working on it for several hours, It was hard work, perspiration was dripping from my forehead, and my arms ached.

But I suppose it was different then I sighed.

People would have been used to it, because that was all they knew, they would have been hardier.

Not like me, who was used to all the modern day gadgets that were about, like fridges and cookers. I stopped suddenly as something popped into my head.

"If I do manage to catch any fish. How on earth was I going to cook them?”

After all, I hadn't exactly seen any cookers dotted around on the Island, and I certainly didn't have a lighter or any matches to hand.