Chapter 1: The Goodbye

A/N: If you're wondering where I got the photo, it's on his Instagram.

It's been months since I've been planning this trip, well, more of a permanent trip! Being one of the ten highest ranking students in my senior class, I (and the rest) was able to choose to become an exchange student at any school of my/our choice. Being a complete Japanese nut, I decided to go to a pristine high school over in Kyoto (my absolute favorite place in the world!) But all of this meant leaving my friends and family behind until I graduated, and that was a huge bummer. Supporting me through everything, my parents helped mr on deciding to go, and today was the day of boarding the plane to Kyoto!

"Zaria, are you ready?" Mom yelled from downstairs.

"Yep! I've got everything I need!" Dad came upstairs and helped take my luggage down to their car, "I still can't believe I'm going to Kyoto, Japan! Can you believe it?! Because I can't!"

"Okay honey, calm down before you break something." Mom laughed, "You have no idea how proud we are of you!"

...

Finally making it to the airport, I was extremely nervous to leave my family. Last time I was left by myself was when I got lost in the marketplace, it didn't end pretty. But either way this is my dream and I won't let my fear of independence hold me back.

After hugs, and tear filled eyes I set off to board your flight. Once I made it on the plane and found my seat, I tuned in to the newest 5SOS album and waited for landing...