LUKE ASHER: I'm not worth enough

I could've been worse, my messed up head could've taken me to the police station... or some psych ward somewhere in this city. I'm glad that at least I can still walk home with no problem. My late night travels has led me home to this old, crusty apartment; where she used to lay with me. She'd come home, telling me that my articulation is what caught her attention. It's a thought I always have and sometimes, I'd like t--

THIS FUCKING HEADACHE -- Voices in my head kept replaying that horrid memory, seeing her weak; it sickens me.

*diing* AH! "WHO THE FUCK IS THAT?! LEAVE! LEAVE! I'M HAVING A FUCKING HEADACHE"

"Luke... I uhh.. I'm Cl-- uh... the girl you met at the bar, the one you talked to... I forgot to tell you my name"

I'll let her in, I would; my head is Pounding and I can't feel any of my limbs. All I do now is scream for help, I felt helpless and my vision grew darker... I heard the door opened and her running to my sides... I might have just fainted.

"Hello! 911! I have a man with me, he's... his heartbeat is there, but it's faint. I think he had drunken too much alcohol... I've never seen anyone like this! He's Bleeding, He's having a nosebleed. Please hurry... I'm in 15th stre--"

I woke up to blinding white lights and pain all over my body, boy I might've crashed the party early. I felt a hand on mine, caressing mine... ever so softly stops and holds my hands. I woke up to see her, My revelation, the light in my darkest hours.

"Wha-- what happened?" Agh.. what the hell is this pain? "Why am I feeling this sharp pain on my side?"

"You... uhh, How many nights have you wandered off to that bar and took shots? It was definitely too much... Your lungs and your kidney couldn't take the pressure of the intake. They didn't do anything, they opened you for a bit, and did something to your kidney. I was just here to stay... I wanted to know if you are okay"

"Why... why are you doing this? I- I would'v"

"You would've died in there, you know; it's a good thing you wrote every single detail of you on that piece of paper... I tried finding where you live and found out we lived closely "

"I'm not worth enough"

"Don't say that... just don't; people make mistakes, Luke. So did I once, oh and By the way. My name is Claire. Claire Harper. It's great knowing you, Luke"