More Truth

I learnt a lot of truth today. 

My mother and I were having a talk about my father and my past and my family history, and such. usual talks with my mother and I. 

I found out something I didn't know, I have an aunty on my father's side. 

"What do you mean I have an aunty," I questioned, staring blankly at mum as she drove. She didn't turn towards me. 

"Your dad didn't like her." 

"I didn't even know she existed." 

"Her name was Thera," 

I tried to wrap my head around the name, maybe I knew her as a child. Maybe she held me once or twice, because my father isn't evil. He couldn't have not told his own sister that he had a daughter. 

This wasn't the only thing I found out, my father also payed a grand total of $20 of child support to me each month, which could buy me about a t-shirt. Now, he pays for my school fees, but nothing more. Which means that schoolbooks, uniform, clothes, books, basically anything that isn't school fees my mother has to pay for. 

Well, It's about time I told you my biggest secret so far. The court case. It's a little hurtful for me to say and I feel completely guilty so, I'm just telling out this before I start. It's hard to write.... 

A couple of years back my father didn't get extra time with me on a weekend because my mother was sick, he thought this was a suitable place to go to the police. He walked to the police and made a case that my mother had attempted to kill me. He didn't return me back to my mother's. 

While my father was fighting for custody, he locked me in the apartment with enough food to last a week, while he settled the court case. He didn't let me out of the house and basically blacked out all the windows, I didn't see sunlight for a while. But when I was out, I swear I screamed running towards my mother. The court found out what he was doing and he was in big trouble. 

But they still believed that he was allowed to have me around every second weekend. I haven't told my best friends this, so I hope you understand just how hard it is for me to say. There's even more to this story though, So I'll continue. 

After this court case, my mother had full custody of me. But in the middle of the court case she couldn't afford to lawyer, she she bought an investment property. To cover the fees, she got a tennant in there to pay the rent and everything was going well, until the court case ended and the tennent stopped paying rent completely and claimed he owned the house. 

He didn't let anyone in to sell it and we went completely broke. 

Mum didn't know how to cope with it. 

But she says it will sell, and I hope it will too. 

The surprising thing is, most people turn to a God when something like that happens to them.

I still don't believe in God, I never have. 

I don't think I ever will. 

I thought I'd put a picture of me up, but the side is somewhere where it stays forever, so I'm just going to put it as my profile picture, so you can all see who is writing this :)