chapter 1: Independence Day

Metropolis
July 4, 13:00 EDT

It had been just like any ordinary Independence day in Metropolis city park, right up until a nine foot tall, hulking, pale-blue figure began rampaging through the picnic sites and family get-togethers.

The massive beast was running through the park at a surprising speed, using his tree-trunk-thick arms to uproot trees and snap picnic tables, it seemed like nothing would stop it.

Suddenly the creature picked up a large boulder one young couple had been making out on moments before, and hurled it at a little boy not too far away, the boy had no time to even scream before the rock was blasted into dust by four high-pressure heat lasers.

"Of all the days Bergie, you had to pick today to show your ugly mug."

The ice-beast turned it's attention to the pair of figures descending into the park, a dark haired man, and a blonde girl. They both wore matching outfits, with tight-fitting navy blue shirts, with the blonde's midriff visible, and dark red boots. The man wore matching navy blue tights, a golden belt, red underpants over his tights, and had a long, flowing red cape.

The girl, however, kept her legs bare, and instead wore a matching blue skirt that ended just above her knees with her gold belt. She too wore a red cape. The most noticeable feature was the red and yellow 'S' insignia on their chests, which was symbolic of the Super-family.

"Now Kara, we don't want to anger iceberg further" the man chastised. To say it was too late would be understating it.

Iceberg let out a guttural cry that somewhat resembled english and sounded a lot like "Superman die!" before charging at the two heroes, who didn't even flinch at the oncoming enemy.

"Ugh, i've got no time for this" Supergirl flew forward to meet her foe with an outstretched fist, and when the two collided, the girl ended up hovering triumphantly above the downed villain. It was out cold.

"Yeah, that's right sucker, now c'mon Kal, let's go" she whined to her companion, who chuckled at her behaviour.

"Exited, aren't you." he smiled.

"Well duh, today's the day" she grinned, before, taking off in the direction of Washington, Man of Steel in tow.

Washington, D.C.
July 4, 14:00 EDT

The two Kryptonians had been standing at their destination for almost an hour now, waiting for the rest of the group to arrive, so far Aquaman and his protege Aqualad had made it, as had Green Arrow with Speedy, and Batman with his sidekick Robin, the eight stood in a line, their gaze resting on the Hall of Justice before them.

"Today's the day" Batman said, placing his hand on Robin's shoulder "welcome to the Hall of Justice" Green Arrow supplied "Headquarters of the Justice League" Aquaman continued "And one day, you" Superman finished, wrapping an arm around his cousin.

"Aw man!" A voice cried from behind, the eight heroes turing to see the Flash and his sidekick Kid Flash zooming forward to meet them "I knew we'd be the last ones here" he frowned, crossing his arms.

The group began to make their way towards the Hall, passing press and tourists alike, who say things like "is that Batman!?" And "oh my, I see flash and Flash Junior." "his name's Speedy, duh" "no! Speedy is Green Arrow's sidekick" "well that makes no sense" This elicited a giggle from the only female present, followed by "oh my god!, i-it's Superman!" "And Supergirl too!".

"So lil' Supey, I was wondering-" Kid Flash was cut off

"No" she simply stated "you didn't hear me out" he frowned "didn't need to" she smirked, strutting on ahead, not that the speedster minded the view.