Chapter 12 - Stuck in the moment [Justin Bieber Love Story]

Start from the beginning

We walked up to the reception desk and the lady sat chewing gum and reading a magazine. She clearly failed at her job. 

“I’m here to visit Matt Ross, how late are the visiting hours today?”

“You have an hour, room 206.” She said before going back to her magazine. 

“What’s with her?” Justin asked.

“She’s like that every time. She’s not very good at her job.” 

“I can tell.” 

I walked straight to where his room is, knowing where to go now. Justin took a seat on a plastic chair outside the room and I told him I’d only be about 10 minutes. He said that was fine and to take as long as I wanted but I didn’t want to keep him waiting long. I watched him pull out his phone and go on twitter before I stepped into Matt’s room.

Once again, I faced Matt’s motionless body on the white hospital bed. It hurt to see him like this. I thought about the night of the accident and how peer pressure made me hop in the car with drunk drivers. What a stupid decision I made for me and my friends. 

I sat beside Matt’s bed and held his hand tightly in mine, a tear slipping down my cheek. 

“I miss you so much, please wake up soon.”

- Justin’s Pov –

I was thinking about Ashlee’s relationship with Matt. I had never seen them together, well, I hadn’t even seen him. Does she really love him or like him? Are they forever or just a thing? I didn’t really know anything about their relationship and I couldn’t exactly ask her. I wanted to know if I ever had a chance in the future, even for a day just for her to be mine. 

I saw her shut the door behind her and approach me, her eyes red and puffy from crying. 

“Are you okay?”

She nodded, “yeah, just miss him.”

“Do you love him?” 

She looked at me, pain in her eyes. She didn’t know how to exactly answer my question and was thinking about it. Maybe I shouldn’t have brought that up.

“I think so.” 

She thought she was in love with him. She had to think about that. Is it wrong that I was happy? 

- Ashlee’s Pov –

He smiled to himself as we left the hospital. I don’t understand why but I didn’t question him. I thought about the question he had asked me when I walked out of Matt’s room. Did I truly love Matt? Were we soul mates like I thought we were? Because ever since I met Justin I was reconsidering that. Justin was something completely new. I never got butterflies this crazy when I was with Matt. There was something about Justin that made me like him. Everything about him was just so perfect to me but, I couldn’t let myself like him on the outside. I couldn’t break Matt’s heart; he was the nicest guy in the world. 

Justin dropped me home and once again we hugged, electricity running between our embrace. I wanted to know if he felt what I felt. I just didn’t know how to ask in case he thought I was weird. What if it ruins our friendship because I was having feelings for him? 

I had to risk it, I wanted to know.

“Justin?” 

“Mm?”

I pulled away to look at him, “Did you feel that?”

“What?” 

“Not just then, but every hug.” 

“You’re asking if I feel our hug?” He asked confused, raising his eyebrow.

I shook my head, “Not exactly, no.”

“Then what do you mean?”

“When we hug, do you feel something different?”

He smiled and looked at his shoes, “yeah, I do.”

He licked his lips and looked up at me, “do you?”

“Yeah.”

He smiled and started to turn towards his car, “Bye shawty,” he winked.

“Bye Justin,” I yelled, “Thanks for today.”

“Anytime, It was fun.”

“Yeah.” I said quietly to myself before stepping inside.

He felt the same thing I felt, which made me like him even more. I shouldn’t be feeling this while I had a boyfriend but I couldn’t stop this feeling, it was beyond my control. 

I liked Justin Bieber.