Chapter 14

6 months later.....

I wrap my cream colored wool cardigan tighter around my waist, trying to keep in the little warmth I have.

We both hike across campus to the library, our heads down against the wind.

I look over at Lily who's walking next to me, typing away at her phone. "Who ya texting?" I nudge her with my shoulder.

She glances at me from the corner over her eye, a blush creeping up, not from the cold. "Sam." She whispers.

I hear what she says, but I pretend I didn't. Leaning to the side, I cup my hand around my ear. "Who? I didn't hear you."

White fogs around her as she huffs. "I know you heard me." Sliding her phone into her pocket, crossing her arms.

"No I didn't." I shake me head, trying my best to look innocent.

Stopping to swivel around, stomping her tan Uggs into the ice, she glares at me. "Sam."

"Really?" I fake astonishment, even though I've known that they have had a thing for each other since she came over for the cookout.

Turning back towards the library, she strides away. A idea pops into my head. Pulling my own phone out and pressing a couple buttons and placing it to my ear.

Keeping a few steps behind, I wait for the calling tone to stop, a familiar deep voice answering. "Hey Cas!"

Grinning, I answer back. "Hey Sammy!" I watch with amusement as Lily stops dead in her tracks, about 10 feet ahead of me, slowly turning around.

"Where are you?" He asks. "I hear a lot of wind."

"Oh, just walking to the library." I say offhandedly. "Hey, I got a idea." An evil smirk making its self known on my features.

Lily must know where I'm going with this because she starts shaking her head vigorously, mouthing "no, no, no."

Giving her a thumbs up, I listen to what Sam says; "Shoot."

"How bout you come up here in the beginning of May? We could all go pick Hunter up from the airport." Saying his name makes my heart pound, remembering that it's only a couple of months till I can see him again.

"All of us?" He questions.

I smirk, hearing the nervousness in his normally cocky voice. "Yeah, you know my roommate Lily right?"

Stifling a laugh when I hear him stutter. "Uh, y-yeah. I know her." He coughs lightly. "But sure, that sounds like a great idea. I'll text you later." We say bye and hang up.

Looking over at Lily, I start doing a silly little dance, pointing at her and sticking my tongue out. She's just standing there with her arms crossed and glaring at me.

"Lily's gonna have herself a little, I mean big, boyfriend." Turning back towards our destination, dieing to get out if the cold.

She follows along, a fake pout on her face until we get settled at two of the cushioned chairs at the back, both sitting cross legged.

"I hate you so much right now." She flicks one of her pencils at me, pulling her books out of her bag, balancing one on her jean clad knee.

"No you don't!" I whisper yell in a sing song voice.

Shaking her head, we fall into a silence, both of us caught up in our studies.

3 months later.....

Glancing at the clock, I read the time. 1:15 am.

I place the letter in the drawer with the others. It reads:

Can't wait to see you in only a matter of weeks. Everything's good here. Glad to know that Sam's with you guys. Kinda hoping Lily and him finally get together. This ones a short one, can't wait to tell you more when I see you in person.

Love and miss you,

Hunter x

Smiling, I wrap my throw blanket around me more tightly, padding out into the kitchen to get a drink.

Drink in hand, I walk into the living room that's glowing from the TV. Grinning at what's on the couch. Sam is propped up in the corner of the brown cushions, feet up on the wooden coffee table. I look next to him to see his long arm wrapped protectively around Lily, her head resting on his chest.

They're both fast asleep, so I turn off the TV that has the play options of The Hunger Games running in a loop.

They must have planned on having a little movie night, seeing how they are both in their pajamas. Lily's consisting of a pair of sweatpants that look suspiciously like the batman ones Sam wears all the time, paired with a one direction tank top. Sam is wearing a T-shirt and basketball shorts.

I shake my head, a small laugh slipping out. I turn and head back to my room, shutting the door behind me.

Turning off all the lights except the string of white Christmas lights that are bordering my ceiling.

Crawling into bed, I drift off to a deep sleep, dreaming of the day I get to see Hunter again.

2 weeks later.....

"Hey Cassy?!" I hear Sam yell down the hallway from the door. He had went down to the stores with Lily for a bit.

"Down here!" I call back, sitting at my desk typing up my summer reading essay. Yeah I know, it's a just a little bit early to get that done.

Hearing bags being set down in the kitchen then footsteps coming down to my room.

"Hey I grabbed you a magazine." Sam offers. I swivel around but immediately stop at what I see.

Standing up, I look between them, my mouth gaping like a fish. I can feel prickling behind my eyes already.

Two words I've wanted to hear for so long are said, the gruff voice cracking; "I'm home."

Hunters back

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry these last few chapters are really short. Hoped you liked the ending to this one. Comment and vote!