Chapter 8

It's been 7 days since I woke up. Hunter has only left to change his clothes and grab something to eat. Today they said I could be released after they took the cast off of my leg. The brace on my wrist is long gone but the cracked rip is still healing but I can barley feel the pain.

Right now I'm slipping on the pair of sweats and a old t-shirt that Lily had dropped off for me. I slip my feet into a simple pair of black flip flops, rolling up the waist of the pants as they are a little over sized. I pull my long brown hair up into a large high bun and sit back down on my hospital bed waiting for Hunter to come back from getting coffee, not bothering with make-up.

From here we're going back to my house seeing how my father should be at work. Hunter said that he had grabbed some boxes from the hardware store and that we could fill the back of his truck up.

"Cass, I'm back. Want to get going?" The man himself says walking into the room handing me a cup of coffee just the way I like it: black with 2 sugars.

"Yeah sure." I stand up from my spot. "Are you sure you're okay with this?"

He grins down at me, bending down slightly to give me a peck on the lips. "Yes, I'm positive. I would'nt have mentioned it if I had a problem with it."

I sigh and look straight ahead of me which happens to be his toned chest. "Alright thanks. Should we get going?"

He nods his head and grabs my hand with his free one, leading me out the door. I sign the release forms and we head out to his truck. I open the door wincing at the loud squeak it makes. I hop in shutting the door behind me. Hunter joins me in the cab setting his cup down in the holder.

He motions for me to slid closer on the leather bench seat. I get closer to him and he puts both hands on either side of my face, drawing me closer to his face. He stops about 2 inches from my lips. I see his eyes flash down to my lips. Getting inpatient, I close the distance between us, covering his lips with my own.

He makes a moaning sound in the back of his throat in surprise. I smile in the kiss and bring my hand to the back of his neck weaving my hand in the soft brown hair at the back of his head.

We pull away from each other, him putting his forehead against mine. "I cant wait to live with you." He smirks at me, making butterflies beat around my stomach.

I look up into his striking green eyes with my own brown ones. "Me neither."

He gives me one more peck to the lips and turns straight ahead, turning on the ignition. He pulls out onto the highway towards what's going to be my old house.

I start to move back to my side of the cab when he stops me by putting his hand on my thigh. I turn my head back towards him. I give him a questioning look wondering what he wants.

He shakes his head quickly looking over at me, giving me a smirk. "Get back over here."  He playfully commands with the smirk still on his kissable lips.

I smile at him. "Maybe I don't want to. Maybe you smell." I tease faking my disgust. When in reality he smells like heaven: Citrus, leather and fresh linens.

He makes a mock hurt face putting his right hand over his heart, leaving the other on the wheel. "I know you love my smell." He says dropping the hurt act and going back to his normal cocky self.

"Oh, please, I cant stand it." I joke. But I slide over anyways swinging my feet up next to me. He wraps his right arm around my waist pressing me up against his side. I lean my head against his shoulder, reaching out to turn the radio up.

I turn my head to him slightly. "Did Mike drop my car off at your house?"  From what we agreed on, Mike was going to get a tow truck and drop my wrecked car to Hunter's house.