Chapter 3

Emily's P.O.V

I walk slowly, the scratchy ground realizing I'm walking bare foot on concrete, and that I have a audition today.

"Shit" I mutter under my breath. How am I supposed to get there?!

I feel someone grab me from me from behind.

"AHHHHHH!"

I get turned around to see an out of breath chandler.

"Em, are you ok?! You scared the shit out of me back there!" I looked at his arms around me in a tight hug. "No, I'm not ok." Water works. his shirt starts to become a darker red color from the tears. "Em..." I dig my nails in his back so he can't pull away, so someone has to stay with me... has to care.

We stand there in the street hugging while I cry for what feels like a life time. As a 13 year old girl ten minutes seems like a long time. He starts to pull away. His hand reaching up and wiping the stray tears from my cheeks. He grabs my waist and pulls me along. I don't know where we are going but honestly it doesn't matter to me.

We arrive at a medium sized town-ish looking house with two cars in the drive way. We walk in to be greeted by an older woman with an apron on. "Chandler dear who's your friend? I thought you were going to Norman's." "Oh hey mom, this is my uh... friend Emily. Normans daughter." She smiled warmly. "Ok, well you guys have fun. there's cookies in the kitchen if you want them." The word 'cookies' makes me cringe. Doesn't she know they are bad for them. "We're good." He grabs my hand and pulls me up the stairs. We walk into his bedroom, and he sits on his bed and looks at me. "What?" "Nothin..." I can feel heat rising to my cheeks. He must think I'm like giant. "Emily... you're just so... I don't know." I look at my feet, realizing that my loafers are untied. "Pretty." I look up. "What? you think I'm... pretty?" "No. Gorgeous."

(Just sayin that you should be proud because I know how to spell gorgeous.)

----------------

Ok guys thanks so much for reading. it was SUPER short I'm home sick and I'm just completely out of it today. Bye <3

~embakesriggs