1.

I can remember the sudden silence at His arrival, stopping the merrymaking ceremony commemorating His name. The stunned petrified quietness accompanied by the buzzing static that took hold of my skittering, scattered thoughts.

The feeling of being under His penetrating, unseen gaze was...bizarre. I instantly felt belongingness.

Through the coursing static that filled my head, I felt my mind whispering...home.Home in those absurdly long arms sleeved with a velvety black formal coat as dark and as sinister as the shadows that He brew.

Home in that unperturbed, invisible gaze to bow before His gracious presence that we all desired to feel in person, and to live long enough to tell the tale.

Home in those long, mighty tendrils that moved flawlessly, silkily against His back, almost blending in the darkness of the night.

 The well adored myth is real. And this--this day shall mark me in a lifetime as the member of The Order. This is the day that we will all kneel in front of His worshipped presence.

"You."

A soft voice echoed inside my head. It was completely gentle, leaving me shivering at its wake. "Me?" I whispered softly. His Lordship...he was speaking to me..? The mere thought of his voice, sounding so ancient and so far away left me shaking with extreme desire. "My Lord..." I acknowledged faintly.

"You who held the miniature blade against your wrists and ankles. My dear child...stand up."

He referred to the scalpels that I'm keeping all along. I had always kept a pair under my sleeves, or under my jeans. They are small convenient things that can pass in metal detectors if hidden really well. I had always used it for self defense...does that mean He was watching me all along?

Eventually, I stood up from the multitude, a lone, small figure clad in black. 

"Come here."

I didn't hesitate to come close. I eagerly made my way to Him, and he just stood there, waiting...like the pale sentinel that He always was.

I can feel pairs of eyes staring at me as I did my eager procession. I stood before His gracious presence, still caught in my own whimsical web of wonder, half interlaced with fear. "I'm at your mercy now, my Lord," I whispered softly.

Gradually, He lifted a pale hand, and slowly took down my mask, revealing halfway down to the level of my nose. It unveiled my fair skin, my dark hazel eyes that were now barely illuminated by the last remnants of the dying sun.

Will he take me as His sacrifice tonight? Will He take me to the Eternal Paradise?

"Blank eyes, with the color of the dark woodlands...you're a beautiful piece of work, aren't you, child?"

I can drink in HIs words forever. He remained covering the lower part of my face, away from the prying eyes. "If you say so...your Lordship..." I answered.

"Maria Cayenne Addams. Do you want to do things in my order, my dove?"

"The most beautiful offer, my Lord." My breath hitched in my throat. "I do."

Without removing my mask, his other hand raised my chin, as if meeting His invisible gaze. This movement caused my hood to fall off, causing my artificially curled hair dyed with dark wine red to tumble out into my shoulders. "You're different. So unlike them...so obedient. Bursting with potential... are you willing to serve me as the representation of The Order?"

"For you, my Lord, I am."

"Then I shall call you The Surgeon. She who wields the modest blade that only a few had the right to hold in the presence of knowledge. Does it appeal to you?"

I remember falling in love with that given name...

"Then The Surgeon shall it be, your Lordship," I replied, bowing down.

That is the day that He chose me from the multitude of people in dark nightly cloaks, and white, faceless masks.

 ~

How do you like it, my dears? o.O I got a feeling that I had to post this story because...well. Because it's a complicated story. LOL. XD 

And because, well...Slendy. <3 *twiddles fingers shyly*

Sorry if this is a bit crappy. TT_TT Should I continue? 

~SR