chapter 1

Y/N tapped her pencil against the desk rapidly, making a clicking sound every time the pencil touched the desk. She stared at the end of Professor Slughorn's desk and dragged her tongue across her dry, chapped lips. Something pointy hit her on the head and fell on to her desk. She looked over to see a smirking boy, Trey. Trey was one of the worst human beings that Hogwarts has had. He was cruel, mean, and just over all a big jackass.

Y/N rolled her eyes at Trey and his snickering friends as she opened the paper air plane. Y/N read the same words about hundred times before it could sink into her brain.

Will you go to the ball with me?

Trey Miller just asked her out.

She looked up to Trey and his hopeful eyes and realized something. Trey was mean to her but in a different way. Y/N had always thought that he was being too flirty and now... this explains everything. His friends were looking back and forth between the two, staring at each other.

"Am I interrupting something, Miller?" Professor Slughorn spat. Trey looked to the professor and smiled, "Yes actually you are." Y/N just blinked and continued staring at Trey.

"Well then why don't you entertain us and tell us," Slughorn commented. Trey stood and spoke, "Maybe I will Professor." He spat "professor" with pure hatred and continued. "I was just asking my dear friend Y/N, if she would like to go to the ball with me. I'm waiting for my answer."

The whole class suddenly started whispering and talking. Tom Riddle, at the back of the class room, sat reading a book not even paying attention to what was happening. Not even looking at Y/N or Trey.

Professor Slughorn's head snapped towards Y/N's, "We still have a lesson to finish, L/N so please answer Mr. Miller's question."

Y/N's head turned towards Snape and then looked around the class where she was met with a dozen eyes, "I-I-"

Tom smiled behind his book and put it down. He cleared his throat and knew that Y/N needed saving, "She can't go to the ball with him." Everyone's head looked at Tom, including Y/N's. 

Trey scoffed, "And why not, may I ask?"

Tom sat back into his seat, "Because I am."