Chapter 2

Tris P.O.V

I wake up to Uriah spraying me with cold water. I sit up and slowly turns towards him. He smiles at me and runs away. I shake my head and get up. I shower and get dressed in my usual outfit of a black t shirt with black leggings and my combat boots. I go into the kitchen and my mom has already gone to work. Uriah is sitting at the counter waiting for me.

"Yay, you're finally ready." He says excitedly and gets up. "Let's go to breakfast." We race to the cafeteria and I beat him. We get in line for food. We get our food and sit down at a table across from each other. I see that Uriah got cake and an apple.

"Seriously? That's your breakfast?" I ask him. He smiles and starts to eat his cake. I start eating my breakfast as well. I feel someone sit down next to me. I look over and it's Zeke.

"What's up little bros" he asks. I elbow his side. "Okay, harsh." He says mock offended.

"So what's it like being an initiate?" Uriah asks excitedly.

"It's brutal. They make us sleep on the floor in a rat infested room. They only let us out for breakfast and the rest of the time were hardcore training. And the boys and girls sleep and shower in the same room" Zeke says.

"We'll that last part doesn't sound that bad." Uriah says. Shauna walks up and hits him on the back of the head.

"Only one of those things Zeke said is true" Shauna says as she sits down. Zeke and Shauna aren't 'officially' dating, but it's very obvious they like each other. We finish breakfast and Uriah and I go to the train. We get on to get to school.

7 hours later we are back at the Dauntless compound. Uriah goes back to our apartment and I go shopping. I buy a few more outfits. As I'm looking at some clothes someone walks up behind me. I turn around and it's a guy I don't recognize.

"Hey" he says. Do I know him?

"Hello." I say.

"What's your name?" He asks. Okay so I don't know him.

"Tris, and yours?" I ask. If I don't know this guy why is he talking to me?

"Brian." He says. Okay definitely don't know him. "Are you doing anything later?" He asks. Okay, that's why he's talking to me.

"No I don't think so." I say and smile.

"Well now you are" he says, also smiling. "How about you meet me at the cafeteria at 6 o' clock? We'll go somewhere nice" he says smiling.

"Okay." I say nodding. "I'm, see you later." I say and walk up to the register to pay. Did I just get asked out?