9

"Please look at me, what happened?? Why are you saying sorry? Please talk to me." He asked her softly.

She looked at him. Sadness was written all over her face. Hurt and pain flashed in her eyes.

"I came that day to the party but then I saw something and went away without meeting anyone...Without saying goodbye to you...I now wish I could go back to the time and rewind it so I can meet you that one last time once again which I missed because of my stupidity but I know it's not going to happen and I am really sorry for it...for what happened." she said in low voice.

"WHAT?? You came to the party?? Then why don't you meet me or anyone else?? And what you saw, that you left the party so suddenly?" he asked somewhat shocked and curious.

She stared at him for few moments and started talking.

"I saw you with some other girl. I think she was from your group only as I had seen her many times with you. She was pretty. You were looking happy by seeing her. Then you talked about something and she gave you a rose and kissed your cheek. You mouthed her something which I not able to understand but I guessed it may be ' I Love you or like you or sort of that kind of thing and the way she was looking at you a blind man can say that she liked you so I thought that I didn't had any chance against her or against any of those pretty type of girls who always around you. I was hurt with the thought that you will never like me back. So I ran away from the party. I actually came to the party to confess that I love you, I loved you always but when I saw you with her I knew you will not like an ordinary girl like me. These thoughts clouded my mind and pain in my heart became unbearable so I ran away from the party, from that place, from that city and especially I ran away from...you." At the end her voice was cracked a bit showing that she was trying hard to hold her sob.

He was looking at her with shock filled face. He didn't understand how to react but after some moments he reacted nonetheless.

"WHAT???? You came to the party and you saw me with someone and you assumed all these things and ran away from me. You also loved me back then...Why you did not say it once. God...Why I didn't noticed it before. That girl whom you saw with me was one of my close friend and yeah she was in love with me and she confessed the same thing on that day but I rejected her because I was in love with you. She was my friend so I didn't wanted to break her heart in a bad way so I tried to make her understand that I love someone else and I can't be with her which she understood but as it was our last meeting she wanted to gave me the rose which she bought for me. And if you may notice my hands were full of flowers already that day as many people gave it to me it and I accepted as a friend only. And about that kiss on my cheek...Well... I wasn't expecting it too. She did it so suddenly before I could stop her. It's just her way of affection towards me and she might do it in heat of moment. I didn't wanted to hurt her more so I ignored that gesture and I mouthed her that she will always be my friend and I will miss her. I wanted to end our meeting on a good note that's it and that's all."

She was looking at him dumbfounded. She was cursing herself in her mind that how she assumed everything and acted anxiously without knowing the truth. She took all the decisions hastily and it leads her away from him. She wasn't able to form a word in response. She was just looking at him helplessly. He looked at her and sighed.

He continued, "Anyways but now problem is solved, Right. You love me. I love you. Now as all our misunderstandings are clear we can be with each other. I am so happy. You will not run away from this time. Am I correct? I love you. I love you so damn much. I was always in love with you but too fool to notice it. Please tell me you love me too. I mean I know you do but I wanted to hear it from you. Please say it once...I need to hear it."

He was waiting for her reply happily and hopefully. Finally everything is going to be okay, he thought.

"I loved you. I loved you so damn much but I don't love you anymore. I can't love you anymore. I...I am sorry but it's too late. I was also too fool to notice the love I had for you and I should tell you before. But now everything has been changed. I am so so sorry but we can't be together. I moved on...with someone else." She said softly, guilty and he felt like someone stabbed his heart. Those words had hurt. It had hurt and pained him so damn much.