Chapter 2

For some reason people could only see some paragraphs so I hope you can see the whole chapter now. I fucking hate when Wattpad does this bullshit.

So this whole thing may not be a 100% medically accurate because I'm no doctor lol but I did do my research so I hope it doesn't sound too bad haha

Chapter 2

I don't know how long it had been since I fell asleep. By how I feel, I'm sure it was more than just an hour or two. I could barley open my eyes because every time I did, the lights sent sharp pain to my eyes. It hurt to even peek a little.

It took a few minutes to adjust my eyes, and after I did, I noticed that I was feeling weaker than before. In this state, I'm sure I would not be able to get up by myself. I could barely pick up my chest. I felt pain in my thigh, but it was bearable - for now at least. There was no use in trying to do anything so I laid back and looked around the room. Vic was in here and he was fast asleep on the chair next to my bed. He was wearing different clothes since I last saw him. Even though he had freshened up, he still looked tired.

Feeling as if my eyes would wake him, I turned my eyes to my hands and thought. There was so much to think about. Too much that I could spend a whole day doing just that. I had questions and I wanted answers, but I knew I wouldn't be able to receive those right now. The only thing there is to do right now is wait.

It was the early hours of the morning, but I wasn't tired and could not sleep, leaving me to be bored out of my mind. After a while, I grabbed the control and turned the television on. There wasn't anything interesting on but its the only thing I had.

Without noticing, my focus switched to my thigh. I wonder how bad it is. I mean, I can't really remember much after I fell unconscious last night. All I know is that the bullet came in from the back. Is the bullet still stuck in there? Did they take it out or did the bullet exit out by itself?  What damage did the bullet do to my thigh? Did it break a bone? Am I going to have surgery? What if I got an infection? Could that lead to getting my leg amputated? What if I did get an amputation. Fuck, am I over thinking the situation or is it really possible?

Thousands of questions popped up in my head in an instant, leaving me frustrated because I can't get answers right now. I could always wake up Vic but I don't want to disturb him right now. He looks tired so I rather let him rest right now. The question of how he was able to escape without a scratch still lingers in my head though. How did he do that? Thank God he's okay or I have no idea how I'd live with myself. He's everything to me so I rather be hurting than him.

Just as I finished my last thought, Vic's eyes fluttered open slowly. Shit, he probably sensed my stare and woke up. Immediately when he saw that I was awake, he shifted closer to me.

"Kells, how long have you been awake?" He asked and rubbed his eyes.

"About an hour or so, I don't really know. You should go back to sleep. I didn't mean to wake you up," I said but he shook his head.

"No, I'm fine, don't worry. You should've woken me up earlier."

"I didn't want to bother you," I said, earning myself an eye roll from Vic.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm a little in pain right now but it isn't too much too handle."

"Do you want me to call the nurse?"

"No, it's fine. If it gets worse you can go get her."