The Last Day

Chapter 1 - The Last Day

The last day of school is always the best day but when you jetting off to paris as soon as the day is over it makes it a whole lot better. Elixa Collete didn’t know what it was about World studies but it was pointless and she already new more about the countries then she was willing to admit to anyone and there was also the irritably annoying teacher Mr Callagen, so to have it on the last day for her last period was putting a downer on paris. So when she walked in late, (What!,she had been on an important call to the pilot to make sure the plane was ready to leave as soon as she got there, the sooner she go out of here the better) she was ready for any battle she throw at her. 

“ Well, Isn’t it nice for you to join us, Genevieve. I’m sure that you have a good explanation for this tardiness” The name that came out of his mouth wasn’t her actual name but no one is to know who she really is so Genevieve Bolt, daughter of a postman and a stay at home wife, was who she would act like. Mr Callagen was starting to go a little red in the face, so it was not going to be hard to wind him up today. 

“ Well sir, I was walking to class when out of no wear a bear came and attacked me but as you can see I am all good now, thanks for the concern though” The bear story was a personal favorite in Mr Callagen class, as it is completely unbelievable but it happened to Mr Callagen when he was at school, he wont admit it to anyone and he hate that I know it, so it a win for me

“Well, It’s the last day of school and normally with that utterly unbelievable um story, you would have gotten detention. Mark my words, If you use it again next year, you will have detention. Anyway, sit down and be quite” I walked to the empty seat in the class, sat down and waited for my bad excuse for a class to begin.

“Now class I know that this is the last day of school but I have a surprise for you all” Mr Callagen was infamous for his surprises, the last one was a 1000 word story on russia, and we were studding medieval english at the time.

“We are going to..” He was cut off, as there was a knock at the door by the office lady.

“Can Genevieve Bolt please come with me to the office please, as soon as possible um please”   She stood up and walk straight out, no bothering with hearing what the surprise was going to be, probably a documentary on the evolution of the stick insect or something like that. The office was like a second home to her at school and she knew the way there perfectly but she followed behind the lady, her heel clicking as she walked. 

Arriving at the office she notice that she was not the only student called to the office. “Well well well what have we here, sent to the principals office again. What did we do this time sharpen your pencil to loudly"

Chester Baggins was the “School bully” but not a very good one in her book as she could take him out in one fowl swoop but as no one knew the real her, so she couldn’t do that. 

That was really the only down side to being an international spy and coming from a family, that well has a slightly sketch background. Elixa father is one of the best in the business, some say he is the best but to her he was just dad. Her mother on the other hand is the daughter to one of the biggest crime families in London, as her father (Elixa’s Grandfather) is the head monarch of the family and well the two sides of Elixa’s family did not get along very well. When her parents fell in love, there was literally almost war between the two sides but everything smoothed out when Elixa was born, and then decided to take both sides of the family, so she became and international spy with a bit of a dark side. 

“No, actually I have no idea why I am here for once in my life” She shot back at Chester. You could tell that there could have been an all out riot between the two if Principal Geters hadn't walk in at that exact moment. 

“Thats enough children! Now Baggins you have a weeks detention at the start of next term, and now thanks to you the school needs a new paint job at the front” Principal Geters had a way of really scaring you to near death but he still stayed nice and calm. 

“Oh come on Geters! Be cool dude, its the last day of school, no should be punished for a little face lift to there school” You could see the sarcasm dripping from Chester’s words, even the office lady could tell and well she isn’t the brightest star in the sky. Elixa was starting to get worried about what she had done when Principal Geters told her that her mother had called and asked to pick her up early and that the she will be here soon, so she was ushered out of the office and told to pack her things. She could here Chester still trying to debate his detention sentence.

Mother never come to pick me up and why would she be coming now, Elixa thought to herself as she packed up her locker and walk to the front of the school. Chester really had out done himself this time, “Down with school and teachers” in red bold letters over the school sign. No wonder he has been held back from graduating for three years. Elixa was so caught up in her thoughts that she hadn't noticed the shiny black limo pull up next to her, when she opened the door it was not who she expected.