"Let me go!" I said.

       I tried escaping from Laughlin's grip, but I had to admit, he was way stronger than me. Every time I struggled, his grip tightened on me. "You need to calm down," he told me.

       "Not when I don't know how my girlfriend or baby is doing!" I said.

       "Grayson, calm down," Elliot said, standing in front of me. "Freaking out won't do anything, alright? They're trying their best."

       I stopped trying to escape from Laughlin and lowered my head, tears flowing freely now. Laughlin released my wrist and shoulder.

       "Where's your cell phone?" Elliot asked. I pulled it out of my pocket and gave it to her, though she immediately gave it to her husband. "Call Poppy's parents," she told him. "Her last name is McCormick and I believe her dad's name is Gene. Look for him in the contacts." Laughlin nodded and did so.

       Elliot led me to a nearby wall and I slumped to the ground, leaning against the wall and resting my forehead on my knees. Elliot crouched down beside me and rubbed my back. "It's okay," she said softly. "Poppy will be fine. Ryder will be fine."

       "How do you know?" I asked, looking up at her. "Poppy was hit by a speeding car. She could die from the injuries. The impact could have killed my son. If they both die, I....I might....I can't....I can't lose them."

      Elliot sat down beside me and rested her head on my shoulder. It was times like these that I was thankful my cousin was always there for me. "I don't know exactly how you're feeling," she said, "but I'm worried too. Poppy is one of my best friends. I mean, she was my maid of honor after all. You just have to hope she'll make it."

       "Grayson?" I heard someone say. I looked up. Great. The devil's spawn decided to show up. "I heard what happened?" How did she hear that? "Is Poppy okay?"

       "Like you care," I said.

       "That's not fair," Belle said.

       "It's not?" I asked. "You're the one who told Mina that Poppy is pregnant. Because of you, rumors went around. A lot of people called her a whore and they said she didn't even love me. You even said that you were surprised that I hadn't broken up with her yet."

       Belle crossed her arms. "I am surprised. You were the bad boy in high school. People don't change just like that!"

       "They do for other people!" I said. "I changed for her! And even if I didn't, she would still accept me because she knows what I went through! And if you had a problem with us, why not say anything? Why now, after we've been together for over two years?!"

       "You know what? I don't have time for this," Belle said. "I came to see if Poppy was okay, not to be yelled at by you."

       "Why shouldn't I yell at you?!" I asked. "Do you know all the crap we had to go through because of you?!"

       "Grayson, just calm down," Elliot said. "Freaking out on her, no matter how big of a jerk she is, won't change anything."

       "A jerk?" Belle asked. "You know what, you have no say in this."

       "He's my cousin," Elliot said. "I have a say in anything that involves him."

       "Just stay out of it," Belle snapped. "You don't have to be so nosy."

       "Yeah, I'd appreciate it if you didn't talk to my wife like that," Laughlin said, suddenly standing behind Belle. "Does she have to be here?"