Chapter 11

Chapter 11

       I looked at my watch again, something I had been doing every minute for the past half hour. I was waiting for Grayson to get out of his last class of the day. I wasn't really in the mood to walk all the way back to our apartment, even though it was a five minute walk.

       It was about five minutes to three, the time Grayson's class ended. I was waiting on a nearby bench, my mind cluttered with thoughts. I was trying to think of a way I could tell my family about me being pregnant, but I couldn't think of anything. It shouldn't be that hard, but it was. I didn't know what their reactions would be like.

       Belle suddenly walked up to me and sat down beside me. "Hey," she said with a smile. "Waiting for Grayson?"

       "Yeah, his class is almost over," I said.

       "So, are you feeling any better?" Belle said. "You seemed really sick on Saturday."

       "Yeah, I'm fine," I said.

      Belle furrowed her eyebrows. "Are you sure? Because you look a bit sad."

       I sighed. I didn't want to tell her before I told my parents, even if she was my best friend. "I just have a lot on my mind," I said. "But I promise that I'm fine. It was just a stomach flu."

       "Oh, okay," she said. "Well, I'm glad you're feeling better. I should go find Devon. I'll see you later." She gave me a smile before walking off.

       When it was three o'clock, I saw Grayson walked out of the building. I was about to walk over to him when Mina approached him with a smile. I was fine with girls talking to Grayson, but not I wasn't that fond of Mina, especially since Belle told me that Mina was hitting on Grayson at a party they went to, even though he knew he had a girlfriend.

       They talked for a bit until Grayson looked passed her shoulder and saw me. He said something to her before walking over to me. "What are you doing here?" he asked.

       "I was waiting for you," I said.

       "Shouldn't you be resting?" Grayson asked.

       "Grayson, thank you for caring for me, but I don't have to rest every single minute," I said. "I'm still the same."

       "Right," Grayson said. "Sorry, I'm just....getting used to the idea....of you bring pregnant."

       "Don't worry, me too," I said. "Can we go home now? I've been sitting on that bench for the past hour."

       "You could have waited at home," Grayson said as we started walking to our apartment. "Want to stop at the cafe first or just go straight home?"

       "Cafe," I said. "I need some of those cookies. A lot of those cookies."

       We stopped off at the cafe, hoping we could get in and out in no time. However, since a class just ended at MDC, quite a few people were already there. It took about fifteen minutes waiting in line for us to get our orders. Finally, we got my cookies and his coffee before heading back to the apartment.

      "So," Grayson said as we both sat down on the couch. "When do you want to tell your parents?"

       I shrugged, breaking a piece off of one of the cookies and popping it in my mouth. "I don't know," I said once I finished the piece. "I want to tell them in person, but I don't know the next time we'll see them. Maybe Thanksgiving?"

      Grayson raised an eyebrow. "So the end of next month?"

       I sighed. "Yeah, I guess. Are you going to tell your parents?"