Chapter 7 - I'm too young to be a Grandmother!

Start from the beginning

Damn. I dashed to the bathroom and threw on my clothes, then ran back to my room.

As I shut the door behind me, my cheeks were bright red. I don't think I could be more embarrassed.

"Ah look at that." Nathan pointed at my face,"you can't contain your blush when you see me."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my school sac. "You need to leave." I pointed at him.

"You're not going to feed me? You are not much of a hostess. "

"My mother knows you're here. Now go go go!" I shooed him.

Nathan began searching around for his clothes and threw them on. I didn't realise that I was staring at him until he looked at me with his eyebrows raised. I snapped out of my daze and looked away embarrassed. I heard him laugh to himself as he threw his clothes.

"You can look now" he said smugly. I wanted nothing more then wipe that look of his face.

"Well go on, get out!" I shouted at him.

"And what climb out of the window?" he pointed his finger towards the large drop.

"Well my mother can't see you!" I exclaimed.

"Well then you'll just have to come up with a plan then." he crossed his arms.

---------------

"This is a dumb idea." Nathan whispered.  We were both tip toed down the stairs.

'Shut up' I mouthed to him, causing him to roll his eyes.

I winced at the sound of the stairs creak. Okay maybe this was a dumb idea.

We reached the bottom of the stairs and I looked around. No mother in sight. I gestured Nathan towards the door and he ran quietly to it. Just as he put his hand on the door knob, my mother shouted my name. With that Nathan quickly pulled open the door and ran out, the door slamming behind him.

"Yeah" I called out to my mother.

"Breakfast" she replied. I followed her voice to the kitchen and prayed that she won't bring up this morning.

I sat at the table nervously. My mother finished the washing up before joining me at the table. I picked at the toast that was in front of me, not saying a word.

"So, did you have fun last night?" My mother raised an eyebrow while smiling largely.

I nearly puked with embarrassment.  "Nothing happened,  he was a friend" I mumbled,  avoiding eye contact.

"A friend indeed." She said suggestively. I grimaced and sighed loudly.

"Mother, please! "

"Okay, okay, I'll stop." she raised her hands in surrender.

"Good" I replied, bringing my plate to the sink. I looked at the clock, I had fifteen minutes until first period. I began walking out out until-

"I hope you two were safe! I'm too young to be a grandmother! " she shouted out. I practically ran out the front door at the speed of light.

******************************************************************************

"So did you girls get a frock?" Sean asked, stuffing fries into his mouth.

"Frock?" Miya questioned.

"Yeah a frock. Is my vocabulary not adequate for you?" he retorted.

"No it isn't actually." Miya said sarcastically.

"Anyway." Emma cut them both off, "Alana got one but Ivory was being difficult. " Emma shot me a joking glare.

I have smiled in reply. I haven't talked to Miya since that text. She's tried to bring conversation up but I ignored it or I just nodded my head. If I was being honest, I did feel really bad. She was my best friend and I wanted her to be happy. Anyway it wasn’t  like she had said yes to him. I didn't think she was doing it to hurt me, it wasn’t  her fault he asked her. Technically she hadn't done anything wrong.

Wow did I speak too soon.

"So who you guys bringing?" Jeremy asked us all.

"Not sure" Alana replied, her lip forming a tight line.

"Greg" Emma gushed. Looking behind her shoulder at the captain of the football team. She sighed contently. Everyone just laughed and rolled their eyes.

"Well someone just said yes last night and I can't wait!" Kyle announced,  kissing Miya on the cheek. Oh My God. SHIT JUST GOT REAL.

Everyone in the group started clapping and cheering. The boys gave Kyle a pat on the shoulder and the girls were trying to get all the info from Miya. My eyes connected with Miya and she looked quickly away.

I actually can't believe this. Everything started to go shaky and I knew if I didn't get out of there then there would be a scene.

I quickly got out of my seat and left the cafeteria. I ran down the halls, tears clouding my vision. I bursted into the girls bathroom. There was only one girl in there and when she saw me she walked quickly out. I didn't blame her.

I leaned over the sink crying loudly. I heard the door open and I was about to turn around and scream at whoever it was until I saw who it was.

"What the fuck are you doing in here. It's the girls bathroom!" I shouted at him.

Nathan silently closed the door behind him and walked towards me. I flinched away when he reached his hand out.

"What happened?" He asked softly. Was he bi-polar? I mean it, I can't deal with him!

"Why the fuck do you care?"  I spat at him as I leaned against the wall and slid down it until I was sitting on the ground.

"Will you stop cursing?" he replied.  Sitting down beside me.

"Fuck you." I shot back, putting my face in my hands.

"What happened?" He asked again.

"Everything happened. My life had finally gotten so perfect, perfect family, perfect friends, perfect kiss...and then, then my dad dies and my life literally ends." I breathe out. Nathan didn't reply. I glanced at him and saw his fingers nearly drawing blood from his arm as he gripped so tightly. His jaw was stiff and his eyelids momentarily shut tightly. Maybe he didn't deal with the thought of death well.

I was about to ask him when he put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to him. He rubbed circles on my arm as I rested my head on his chest.

And that's when it hit me. I know nothing about him. He’d slept in my bed, drank from my bottle and sat with me as I cried and I didn't even know his last name. He is literally a stranger.

"Who are you?" I asked quietly.