Gym Badge (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Taillow, quick attack." Sora commands. With a shrill cry, her Taillow starts flying towards Pidove, and the impact sends my Pokemon skidding against the floor. 

"Brave! Are you alright?" I ask, my hand on her Pokeball prepared to return her. As Pidove  struggles to stand, Sora smirks mischievously before commanding her Pokemon to use another quick attack. 

"Tailloooow!" The opponent cries, and roughly slams my Pokémon's body into the air.

"Brave!" I screech, one hand extended. "Are you alright?" She weakly nods although her eyes are burning with determination. "Good job holding out. Now it's our turn to attack."

"I'm surprised your Pokémon can even continue standing. I'm impressed." Sora calls out, clapping her hands. "But the battle is just getting started!"

I snigger. "Me too, Brave and I are just beginning to heat up! Let's go, use gust then use quick attack!"

"Dodge, and chase after that bird!" The gym leader orders. 

Pidove successfully lands the attack through the cloud of dust that had settled on the field, and immediately takes to the sky, flapping her wings as she hovers near the ceiling. Taillow follows hurriedly in pursuit, and their eyes lock for a minute before my Pokémon dives back down towards the battle field. 

"Now Brave! Fly through the rings!" 

My partner swiftly maneuvers through the circles at this, barely getting tangled herself. Taillow chases after her, their beak lit up as they prepare to use Peck again. 

"Wait, Taillow look out!" Sora exclaims, hand extended towards the battle field. 

"Great job, Brave. Now, use quick attack again repeatedly!" I shout over the loud sound of a screeching Taillow, who had unfortunately (and fortunately for us) gotten stuck in the hoops holding her captive. One ring around her neck, one around each leg, and around four rings had somehow slipped around Taillow's body, with all the lines holding the hoops up tangled with each other.

"Now for the final strike. Air Cutter!"

"Tailow, no!" Sora screams, her eyes wide in disbelief. I grin widely, as Sora returns her fainted Pokémon from the rings. After a group of men dis-tangled the hoops, we continued on our battle. 

"Impressive, trainer. But this Pokemon is stronger than Taillow. Come on, Swablu, we need your grace!" The gym leader yells, throwing their Pokéball into the air. 

"Swaaaab!" An avian Pokémon with a round, blue body appeared. Its wings were fluffy and white, resembling cotton or clouds. 

"A Swablu, huh? This will be easy. Can you continue Brave?" I ask my Pokémon, who nods in response. "Alright, let's finish this quickly. Use gust, and then focus energy!"

"Swablu, use your wings and flap them hard to move the gust away from you!" Sora calls out, and before I could react, Pidove gets enveloped within a dust storm.

"Pidove, be prepared for an attack!" I say loudly, hoping that she could hear.

My opponent smiles sweetly at me, before extending her hand to point at my partner. "Swablu, Fury Attacks!"